For marketing purposes, Bug reporting/Tracking

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

For marketing purposes, Bug reporting/Tracking

Postby bowlesj3 » 15 May 2008

Hi,

Others may want to comment.

I tried MC3.0 but took it out and went back to MC2.1.999.999 due to two MC3.0 bugs which caused extreme slow downs and roughly 6 aborts a day. MC2.1.999.999 works pretty good. I am curious about whether these MC3.0 bugs are fixed (or what the status is) but am very unwilling to go back to MC3.0 since the hassles are many if it starts bogging down and crapping out again. So it would be handy if there was a bug tracking system where users could look up their bug that they reported and find its correction status then they could decide if they wanted to come back on board to give the upgrade another run and contribute to the user testing effort.

Sample bug status might be (reported but not duplicatable at TS-Support yet, Duplicatable but not started, Investigation and correction in progress, Corrected on site, corrected and in the latest beta waiting for user verification of TS-Support correction results, Confirmed to be correct with additional user testing, considered fully tested and complete).

Why would this be a marketing item? Because in casual conversations on the web, at present I do not recommend MC3.0 but I do recommend MC2.1999.999. I would warn of my problems and say "it depends on how you use it most likely". My recommendation status could stay like this 5 years since I may never give any other MC version a tray (I am fairly busy). I would not be surprised if other serious traders who use MC feel this way.

Marina Pashkova

Re: For marketing purposes, Bug reporting/Tracking

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 May 2008

Hi,

Others may want to comment.

I tried MC3.0 but took it out and went back to MC2.1.999.999 due to two MC3.0 bugs which caused extreme slow downs and roughly 6 aborts a day. MC2.1.999.999 works pretty good. I am curious about whether these MC3.0 bugs are fixed (or what the status is) but am very unwilling to go back to MC3.0 since the hassles are many if it starts bogging down and crapping out again. So it would be handy if there was a bug tracking system where users could look up their bug that they reported and find its correction status then they could decide if they wanted to come back on board to give the upgrade another run and contribute to the user testing effort.

Sample bug status might be (reported but not duplicatable at TS-Support yet, Duplicatable but not started, Investigation and correction in progress, Corrected on site, corrected and in the latest beta waiting for user verification of TS-Support correction results, Confirmed to be correct with additional user testing, considered fully tested and complete).

Why would this be a marketing item? Because in casual conversations on the web, at present I do not recommend MC3.0 but I do recommend MC2.1999.999. I would warn of my problems and say "it depends on how you use it most likely". My recommendation status could stay like this 5 years since I may never give any other MC version a tray (I am fairly busy). I would not be surprised if other serious traders who use MC feel this way.
Hi John,

We are working on MC 3.0 bugs and are planning many fixes in the next version.

As for the bug tracking system, we are in the process of creating one that will be accessible to our customers.

Best regards.

bowlesj3

Thanks.

Postby bowlesj3 » 16 May 2008

Thanks for the reply Marina. I am sure the users would find the bug tracking system very useful.

John.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 18 May 2008

Any idea when the next version will be released ?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 20 May 2008

Any idea when the next version will be released ?
By the end of the next week.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”