Cleanup Procedures for charts/workspaces

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Cleanup Procedures for charts/workspaces

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 May 2008

Hi,

It just occured to me that upon the need to switch to a new contract at the end of the three months I should attempt to do a cleanup of the workspace or chart to get rid of old tools that may have gotten left in the workspace.

I don't suppose there is a procedure for this that has been put in the forum at one time. I know I can remove all drawing tools and I can set a default for putting these tools back on. Is it this simple. Are there other things that can be done?

Thanks,
John.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 07 May 2008

I don't follow that many futures contracts, so I just go into each chart and change to the new symbol. I don't know of an automatic way to do it.

bowlesj3

Not to switch futures contracts but come to think of it.

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 May 2008

I wasn't actually thinking of an automatic way to switch futures contract but rather just to clean up the workspace generally (example beeing cleaning up drawing tools). However, now that you mention switching futures contracts automatically, I had requested this (as probably many have) and it appears that TS-Support may put this feature in within a few releases I suspect (not in the know on this though).

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 07 May 2008

If you right click on a chart "remove all drawings" is an option, if you only want to remove drawing tools and not the studies.(but you probably already knew that)
Auto changing of contracts would be nice but it would have to be optional , so we would have the option of plotting expired contracts as well.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 May 2008

Is it good that you mention that this should be considered regarding the automatic roll over of futures contracts. I say this because I have sent TS-Support a few emails of suggestions for a new features system with voting ideas too. This type of discussion we are having is exactly what I have been suggesting to them is the best way for them to get the initial raw specifications for new features. If a forum was set up for new features and each thread was dedicated to a specific feature such as "automatic futures contract roll over" or "Work Space Cleanup", then the size of the thread would be their voting estimate and the details of the entries would tell them what to include, what subfeature solution ideas can be had and what to avoid taking out (which is what you essentially pointed out in your last post). Essentially my idea is most likely a version of brain storming. The users would be conducting the brain storming on each feature area.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 May 2008

Hi John,

I believe that once we introduce an automatic rollover for the future contracts, cleaning up workspaces will be less of an issue.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”