Radarscreen for MC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Kaos

Radarscreen for MC

Postby Kaos » 19 May 2008

Hi there,

I have been reading past messages and I saw that a radarscreen for MC was hopefully going to be available approx Q1 2008.

Is there any news to this feature?

Regards,
Paul

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 19 May 2008

Hi Paul,

The deadlines have shifted. We are now planning to release a scanner in August. It should be available a bit earlier to our beta-testers.

Regards.

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 May 2008

I am disappointed the RadarScreen is delayed.

But I hope some of the stock trading related features will be introduced one at a time in the near future.

stock trading related features including:
1. multiple watchlists
2. importing a list of symbols to a watchlist
3. <previous> and <next> button
4. when typing a new symbol into the chart, MC would also retrieve the company name.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 19 May 2008

Hi TJ,
I agree with you about the stock trading features. It would make life a little easier for those of us who trade stocks.
Marina, would it be possible for your engineers to add additional markers to the list of those available to make the candlestick pattern study more useful? You already have a few markers there but it would make it more useful if you included perhaps a dozen more. Thank you.

Tim

TJ

Postby TJ » 20 May 2008

Hi TJ,
I agree with you about the stock trading features. It would make life a little easier for those of us who trade stocks.
Marina, would it be possible for your engineers to add additional markers to the list of those available to make the candlestick pattern study more useful? You already have a few markers there but it would make it more useful if you included perhaps a dozen more. Thank you.

Tim

I don't agree that MC should spend time and effort in extending candle stick pattern recognition.

There are add-ons for Candle stick. Also it can easily be programmed using EasyLanguage by the users.

The candle stick is widely used as a chart presentation, but the stick patterns recognition is not a reliable source for making trading decision.

MC should stick to its core -- provide a solid trading platform, both for auto-trading and discretionary trading.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 20 May 2008

Hi TJ,
I'm not asking them to extend the candle stick recognition study only to add additional markers to what they have. It would simply make a feature that is already there more useful.
If I could do it myself I would and as far as being reliable for trading, we each approach the markets in our own way. I would never presume to tell you what is the correct approach for you.
Each of us on here are offering suggestions to help MC become the software we all want it to be. Hopefully they will assess these suggestions and fulfill as many as they are able.

Respectfully,

Tim

Return to “MultiCharts”