TWS accept data prompt

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

TWS accept data prompt

Postby bowlesj3 » 23 May 2008

I just noticed that when restarting MultiCharts 2.1.999.999 and you get that prompt from TWS "Accept data attempt" or whatever it is, that it does not let MultiCharts get by it now and it will just sits there. I also noticed that if this happens and you forget to click yes to that prompt and leave it for several minutes then multicharts will not backfill the data between the time that prompt comes up and the time it gets the okay from the user by clicking yes to that prompt. There is a big gap in the chart. So one has to shut down multicharts, return the data files from the night before, restart multicharts and click yes to that prompt immediately.

fs

Postby fs » 27 May 2008

Why don't you add your PC's IP address under the Trusted IP Addresses in the API settings so that you wouldn't get the prompt, but get connected automatically?

bowlesj3

IPconfig disappears fast.

Postby bowlesj3 » 28 May 2008

Thanks for the info fs. Being a programmer and not being a networking expert by any stretch of the imagination I had to go to a google search to look up how to find my IP address. I tried the IPconfig command which I had used before but the dos window it creates for some reason is disappearing faster than I can read it. Does anyone know why this would happen? Using the unix style pipe command into the more command does not fix this either. In the past I always remember it staying until I enter the exit command to take it off the screen. I realize from the google search results that there are other ways to get the IP address (need to find some time to read the info better). I attached it for those who may be interested (http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahse.html)
Attachments
New Microsoft Word Document.doc
(23.5 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

ABC

Postby ABC » 28 May 2008

Try "cmd" first, this will bring up the DOS window, where you can use "ipconfig", without the window disappearing.

Best regards,
ABC

bowlesj3

Thanks. It worked.

Thanks ABC. Your suggestion worked.
John.

fs

Postby fs » 28 May 2008

If you are using DSL or cable modem at home, you most likely do not have a fixed IP address and it will change each time you restart your modem or after a power failure for example.

If you add 127.0.0.1 to the Trusted IP list in TWS API setup, this should work 99% of the time if TWS and MC is running on the same host. 127.0.0.1 is the IP address for local host for some internal communication regardless of what your IP address is for the outside world.

bowlesj3

Okay, thanks. See what happens tomorrow.

Thanks fs. I just added the IP address you suggested. We will see how it works tomorrow.

bowlesj3

It worked. No more prompt.

Postby bowlesj3 » 29 May 2008

I just realized that the IP address worked. No more prompt.
Thanks so much guys.
John.

Return to “MultiCharts”