MACD divergence detection indicator

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
Tresor

MACD divergence detection indicator

Postby Tresor » 14 Jun 2008

Hi,

I am posting an idicator that detects regular divergence between the price and MACD. Just insert it onto your chart, then insert it again and change the plotseries to 2 ( this will then display the MACD itself with Trendlines ).

Regards
Attachments
MACD DIVERGENCE.ELD
(7.67 KiB) Downloaded 1371 times

irishkev

Postby irishkev » 03 Jun 2009

Great work. I was trying to learn how to do this. Thank you.

Kevin

RWDickinson

Re: MACD divergence detection indicator

Postby RWDickinson » 26 Jul 2012

I am posting an indicator that detects regular divergence between the price and MACD. Just insert it onto your chart, then insert it again and change the plotseries to 2 ( this will then display the MACD itself with Trendlines ).
I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone else picks this up, I'd like to point out that the divergence should be between the price and the MacdVal, not MacdDiff. Pretty easy to change, but as-is you get strange divergence hits rather than the ones you want.

sptrader

Re: MACD divergence detection indicator

Postby sptrader » 01 Aug 2012

I am posting an indicator that detects regular divergence between the price and MACD. Just insert it onto your chart, then insert it again and change the plotseries to 2 ( this will then display the MACD itself with Trendlines ).
I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone else picks this up, I'd like to point out that the divergence should be between the price and the MacdVal, not MacdDiff. Pretty easy to change, but as-is you get strange divergence hits rather than the ones you want.
Could you please post the updated(fixed) code or show exactly where the change needs to be made ?

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”