DTN Data Feed

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
york timothy

DTN Data Feed

Postby york timothy » 30 Jun 2008

It would be nice to know if the DTN feed is working correctly because I am considering switching from Esignal. They are not performing unless you call missing data and receiving no data at all, performing. I follow CDN stocks as well as a few continuous futures contracts using Volume charts so the demand isn't high. However, Esignal seems to be unable to deliver this which is why I am considering DTN. Please advise if the DTN connection is both reliable and fast. Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Tim

mojotrader

Re: DTN Data Feed

Postby mojotrader » 30 Jun 2008

It would be nice to know if the DTN feed is working correctly because I am considering switching from Esignal. They are not performing unless you call missing data and receiving no data at all, performing. I follow CDN stocks as well as a few continuous futures contracts using Volume charts so the demand isn't high. However, Esignal seems to be unable to deliver this which is why I am considering DTN. Please advise if the DTN connection is both reliable and fast. Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Tim
DTN/IQFeed works great with MC. If you're concerned, sign up for a 1 week trial with IQFeed.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 01 Jul 2008

Tim,

I've been using DTN for about 2 years and would say it is very fast and reliable. In the unusual event of any problems customer service is excellent as well.

If you sign up through this link http://www.iqfeed.net/SC/ you will save $50 signup fee and $20/month real time futures fee. (Not sure why TSsupport don't have a similar discount for referrals).

Geoff

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 01 Jul 2008

Thank you Geoff and Mojo for your responses, it is very much appreciated.

Tim

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 02 Jul 2008

Tim,

IQFeed/DTN is very good indeed. For the price, none better!

Khalid

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 02 Jul 2008

@york timothy

What is more important for you ? Price or quality ? DTN IQ compress data ! I had a good conversation with them. I tried their feed to compare it with eSignal, TS, TT and so on.

I want to show you what they wrote to me :

Mike
You are correct we supply the data in a best bid/best ask format. Meaning in a 1/10 of a second we will take the best bid/best ask and send it. For the current time that is how we sent the data. For the future plans, we are planning to change to the same way as Esignal and the others are sending data.
I hope this answers your query.

Loren Foster, AA, A+
DTN TRADING MARKETS
Customer Service Representative
9110 West Dodge Rd, Suite 100
Omaha, NE 68114
800/779-7299 402/390-2328
To get the right answer, you need to ask the right question!

So make your own decision.

Regards.

Mike

Return to “MultiCharts”