Zen fire data feed vs esignal- opinions?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
vienna

Zen fire data feed vs esignal- opinions?

Postby vienna » 04 Jul 2008

Anybody here has any opinion on which is better?
-I need MC to create volume bar charts from the data feed, and I need historical data as well. (I guess one could always buy the historical data if needed if there is no other way).;
-I heard that esignal is imprecise in comparion to zen fire/ dropped ticks- is that true?
-Costwise- is zenfire more? Just roughly......

Thanks!

reitberg

Postby reitberg » 07 Jul 2008

I've used them all:

Esignal is fast but unreliable and is FILTERED

DTN is no good either

TS is the most terrible data that I've ever used with delays of up to 45 seconds (forget using TS feed for a Fed day)

Zen Fire is amazing. It is so fast. The volume data is accurate and if you are analyzing volume data, you need an unfiltered feed like ZF. You can export the ZF historical data from NT and import that data into MC using the ascii mapping for historical data. This method will have to do for now.

Zen Fire has a historical data server, but accessing it requires getting somebody at ZF to show you how to access that mirrored historical server.

drwar

Postby drwar » 08 Jul 2008

No history would be the show stopper for me.

J~

Arbitrageur

Postby Arbitrageur » 08 Jul 2008

whats the data like for Eurex?

Grigorios

Postby Grigorios » 08 Jul 2008

data for Eurex sucks....it's snapshot data.IB's data it's much better...

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 10 Jul 2008

I've used them all:

Esignal is fast but unreliable and is FILTERED

DTN is no good either

TS is the most terrible data that I've ever used with delays of up to 45 seconds (forget using TS feed for a Fed day)

Zen Fire is amazing. It is so fast. The volume data is accurate and if you are analyzing volume data, you need an unfiltered feed like ZF. You can export the ZF historical data from NT and import that data into MC using the ascii mapping for historical data. This method will have to do for now.

Zen Fire has a historical data server, but accessing it requires getting somebody at ZF to show you how to access that mirrored historical server.
Hi reitber,

Just wanted to ask you how you make comparisons (it's curiosity rather than anything else). For example, we ran the following test: we'd launch eSignal alongside with Zen Fire during the first hour of trading. At a first glance it looked like the data was pretty much the same in both platforms, with Zen Fire being just .5 second faster.

How do you make your comparisons of data providers?

Thank you.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 10 Jul 2008

Hi Folks,

I use eSignal in MC and ZenFire in NT. My eyes are glued to both for several hours each morning while I scalp. I agree with Marina, that they both appear to be about the same.

When knowledgeable people say ZF is fast they are talking about order entry and fills.

Bob Perry
Los Altos, Ca

Return to “MultiCharts”