UK Share Price Data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kelly simon

UK Share Price Data

Postby kelly simon » 12 Jul 2008

I am wanting to be able to chart UK intraday share price data. Anyone know the best way to achieve this, datafeed wise, with MC.

Thanks,
Simon
Last edited by kelly simon on 12 Jul 2008, edited 1 time in total.

kelly simon

Postby kelly simon » 12 Jul 2008

Same question as well for forex data?

===

What about opening the MCFX data feed, for full MC licence users?

The 3rd party feeds I have tried, for forex, haven't been up to much, IMO.

Best,
Simon

Marina Pashkova

Re: UK Share Price Data

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Jul 2008

I am wanting to be able to chart UK intraday share price data. Anyone know the best way to achieve this, datafeed wise, with MC.

Thanks,
Simon
Hi Simon,

Try checking with eSignal.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Jul 2008

Same question as well for forex data?

===

What about opening the MCFX data feed, for full MC licence users?

The 3rd party feeds I have tried, for forex, haven't been up to much, IMO.

Best,
Simon
Data from FXCM that is available in MCFX is not available in MultiCharts. But if you are insterested in FOREX, you could subscribe to our MCFX platform.

Or you could check with eSignal to see if they are providing the data you're insterested in.

Regards.

kelly simon

Postby kelly simon » 15 Jul 2008

I was thinking earlier, that this discussion, for me, really brings to mind that the real usefullness of MC, for myself, is, in part, in the long term, ultimately going to be dependant on the available datafeeds. In this respect, I hope for us European users, that you will look around to see what other great value feeds you can incorporate into the software - and what deals you can strike with providers.

For instance, UK stocks. I have spoken with eSignal (as you suggested), and cost is 125 dollars per month for UK stocks (excluding exchange fees) - which is 1500 dollars per year for realtime data.

BTW - if I was wanting to use NT with eSignal - the price would be 1020 per year - excluding exchange fees - which is a significant difference. eSignal told me this is because NT is an approved application...

Addition of Forex data. The problem I have with existing MC 3rd party datafeed is that there isn't much historical data available to chart the normal indicators I utilise. So I just use MT instead, as I can setup most of my charts on the application, and there are no datafeed costs at all.

If I was to include Forex data for eSignal - that would be an additional 600$ per year. Just comparing all the options, when I can use MT for no charge, and chart 90% of what I like to look at in MT, I'm not sure how good I would feel either paying an extra MCFX leasing fee - or an eignal fee above my existing datafeed costs.

I would like to ask you to take back my suggestion of opening up the forex data to full MC license holders to your group discussions on such issues. It would somehow seem appropriate to me.

Thanks,
Simon

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 16 Jul 2008

Hi All,

Yes MultiCharts is not willing/able to bat on behal of its user with data providers.

I get my data fro IQ Feed and should be paying $20 over and above all charges, fees, etc. for the pleasure of having real time data for MultiCharts. In actual fact I do not pay this $20 because:
"Our system shows that when you log in, that it marks you as a Trader Soft user. If you are actually using Multi Charts, we will honor the same price."

The above quote is from an IQ Feed email.

Khalid

Return to “MultiCharts”