DTNIQ

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
york timothy

DTNIQ

Postby york timothy » 17 Jul 2008

Hello,
Is anyone who is using DTNIQ having problems with QuoteManager connecting properly? I have been having an SOB of a time getting this damn thing to work. My frustration level is through the roof at this point but am trying to remain cool. I am wondering if the DTNIQ connection is stable or is it something else. Thank you for any and all help.

Tim

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 18 Jul 2008

Hi Tim,

From what I understand the problem was resolved yesterday via remote connections.

Let us know if you still have any issues with IQ Feed.

Regards.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 18 Jul 2008

Hi Marina,
Quotemanager won't connect to DTN and I had problems yesterday after I thought it had been solved. I'm not sure why but the DTN dll doesn't seem very stable. Yesterday the feed for Quotemanager said it was connecting instead of being connected. While the data seemed to be coming ok at that time the engineer said not to worry about the incorrect status indicator. Something is definitely wrong, please see what you can do about it. Thank you.

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 18 Jul 2008

Tim,

I am with IQFeed for two years now; I faced problems until February 2007 since when I have had no complaints.

But then I get futures data.

Khalid

york timothy

Marina, I had tried connecting MC earlier this morning and it wouldn't connect. I just tried it a few minutes ago and it is working. The status indicator is still saying connecting and not connected but the data seems to be coming through for the moment. This is exactly what happened yesterday. I hope it doesn't quit like yesterday.

york timothy

Tim,

I am with IQFeed for two years now; I faced problems until February 2007 since when I have had no complaints.

But then I get futures data.

Khalid
Thank you Khalid for responding. I get stock quotes but I hope the DTN.dll doesn't keep giving me problems. I wish you continued success trading.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Jul 2008

Hi Tim,

Let me see if I understand the problem correctly: you receive the data from IQFeed without any problems. What is worrying you is the fact that you see 'establishing connection' message.

Is that right?

Thank you.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 21 Jul 2008

Hi marina,
What is concerning me is the software status indicator wasn't connected properly which was an indication the problem wasn't resolved the first time. The software/data connection went down and would not connect properly until the following day. It would be most unfortunate for this to happen during actual trading.
For the moment everything seems to be fine. Thank you for your concern.

Kindest regards,

Hi Tim,

Let me see if I understand the problem correctly: you receive the data from IQFeed without any problems. What is worrying you is the fact that you see 'establishing connection' message.

Is that right?

Thank you.[/quote]

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Jul 2008

Tim,

For now I can only ask you to contact our customer support if the problem occurs again.

Thank you.

Return to “MultiCharts”