Problems with Ver4, it won't let me go back to Ver 3 !!

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
brodnicki steven

Problems with Ver4, it won't let me go back to Ver 3 !!

Postby brodnicki steven » 23 Jul 2008

Since I trade for a living , I have to have a stable platform, I tried ver4 and it worked great for a couple days then crashed, so I just tried to install ver 3 again and it won't let me !!!!
How can I go back to ver 3 ??
Attachments
MC_downgrade error.jpg
(12.67 KiB) Downloaded 373 times

aljafp

Re: Problems with Ver4, it won't let me go back to Ver 3 !!

Postby aljafp » 24 Jul 2008

Since I trade for a living , I have to have a stable platform, I tried ver4 and it worked great for a couple days then crashed, so I just tried to install ver 3 again and it won't let me !!!!
Can MC confirm that if this is a bug ?

Customers should have the choice to downgrade to a stable previous version after an failed upgrade.

If this is not rectified, guys would trade professionally for a living will really be hesitant to upgrade.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Problems with Ver4, it won't let me go back to Ver 3 !!

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Jul 2008

Since I trade for a living , I have to have a stable platform, I tried ver4 and it worked great for a couple days then crashed,
Did you submit the crash report? We would like to investigate this further. Could you describe what you were doing before the program crashed?
so I just tried to install ver 3 again and it won't let me !!!!
You can definitely go back to version 3.1. I am not sure why you couldn't downgrade.
If you need help downgrading, please contact our customer support representatives at http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 24 Jul 2008

To downgrade you CAN'T use any Ver 3, I think I have to run ver4 installer, remove ver4 , then install using ver3 installer. (I'll try that this weekend)

I did submit the error report. I tried to copy it to the clipboard and paste it here but it wouldn't let me copy it.
I run MC on drive D , and about the time of the error , my Drive C ran out of disk space, so that might have been the problem, I've freed up disk space and running it again.
(I have a small 36gig Raptor drive for drive C, it's easy to run out of space if you're not watching it)

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Jul 2008

Hi Steven,

If you have a persistent problem, please contact our customer support team. If it is a known issue, the problem will be fixed in real-time while you are on-line. If it's something new, our engineers would be able to gather information necessary to identify and resolve the problem.

For now, the information we have from you is not enough to make any comments.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”