eSignal: MC is not eSignal 3rd party approved software

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Tresor

eSignal: MC is not eSignal 3rd party approved software

Postby Tresor » 25 Jul 2008

Hello,

I am looking for a real time data provider. I contacted eSignal and they said that apart from paying their monthly fees like CME mini USD$30 I would also need to pay $125 (also per month) for using their application. All because MC is not eSignal 3rd party approved software. See my chat with a consultant below:

How can I help you today?
01:17:38 Michael S. - eSignal

Hi
01:17:52 Anonymous User
i am using multicharts and would like to ask about your data feed services

01:18:18 Michael S. - eSignal
What exchanges are you after?

01:18:34 Anonymous User
do I need to run additional eSignal application when using multicharts or my multicharts will be automatically connected to your real data server?

01:18:43 Anonymous User
polish and us

01:20:05 Anonymous User
polish (warsaw stock exchange) + US s&p e-mini

01:20:08 Michael S. - eSignal
Please stand by.

01:20:12 Anonymous User
ok

01:21:10 Michael S. - eSignal
eSignal Premier is USD$125 + CME mini USD$30 + Warsaw USD$3 = USD$158 a month

01:21:31 Michael S. - eSignal
Because Multicharts is not eSignal 3rd party approved software you have to have a eSignal licensed application.

01:22:01 Anonymous User
which software is 3rd party approved by eSignal?

01:23:51 Michael S. - eSignal
There a few

1. Can you guys confirm that I need to pay additional $125 per month for eSignal Premier?

2. Which data vendor does not charge MC users a fee for non-approved software?

Regards

Marina Pashkova

Re: eSignal: MC is not eSignal 3rd party approved software

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Jul 2008

1. Can you guys confirm that I need to pay additional $125 per month for eSignal Premier?
The above conversation does not imply that you can receive data from eSignal for only $30. $30 is the exchange fee and is always there. The remaining $125 is how eSignal makes their money: you have to pay them that money to receive the feed that you have requested. No matter what platform, approved or not approved, you are using.
2. Which data vendor does not charge MC users a fee for non-approved software?

Regards
We are not aware of any vendors who charge extra money if you're using a non-approved platform.

Regards.

Tresor

Thanks Marina for the explanation.

Of the convesation that I had with another eSignal guy it flows that I need to run simultaneously MC and an additional eSignal application.

I would like not to bother my processor with additional application. I just want my MC connected to RT server directly (not via 3rd party application). Which of MC supported data vendors offer this? Can someone advise me on this please?

Regards

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Jul 2008

Hi Tresor,

You don't need to run MC and eSignal at the same time. All you need it to have them both installed on your PC. This allows MultiCharts using eSignal's API. It won't create any additional load for your processor.

Tresor

Hi Tresor,

You don't need to run MC and eSignal at the same time. All you need it to have them both installed on your PC. This allows MultiCharts using eSignal's API. It won't create any additional load for your processor.
Hi Marina,

Do I also need to install other vendor's application if I choose other vendor or is it just the case with eSignal?

Regards

momentum

Postby momentum » 26 Jul 2008

eSignal sells a Data Manager only service which is just the data feed and you do NOT need their charting package. Not sure if they advertise this but they will let you subscribe if you ask. I think its some $40/month less than their other basic package

drwar

Postby drwar » 26 Jul 2008

[quote]eSignal sells a Data Manager only service which is just the data feed and you do NOT need their charting package. Not sure if they advertise this but they will let you subscribe if you ask. I think its some $40/month less than their other basic package[/quote]

Momentum

I have heard rumors about this for a long time, but several of us have asked about it and no one at esignal would confirm or sell us this option. If you have a contact for someone there please PM me.

Thanks
J~

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 26 Jul 2008

Sneaky bast#*ds. In fact last year they forced us to go from "basic" charting to "advanced" charting regardless of whether we used either of them at all. (I don't) And made it sound like they were doing us a big favor.

Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 26 Jul 2008

Guys,

Thanks for your input. I have one question:

If:
- I buy data feeds from different vendors, like (i) one data feed from eSignal and (ii) the other from IQFeed,
- then generate ASCII files from both vendors and will compare the ASCII files tick by tick on the same Symbol.

Will both files be the same? I read somewhere that a few of the data vendors either compress data or uptade them not on tick basis but on e.g. 10 second basis.

This is supposed to be the reason why some volume indicators work well with data from vendor A but not necessarily with data from vendor B. Is this true?

Regards

momentum

Postby momentum » 27 Jul 2008

I was using data manager version only until early this month when I changed to the zenfire feed. I just asked for it, no problem and I had no special contact.

Januson

Postby Januson » 29 Jul 2008

When I start MC a small DataManager application also starts, this DataManager needs to be configured with your eSignal account and that's all there is to it!

I normally download the whole eSignal package, eSignal is made in such a way that the accountnumber gives access to different features of the program and in my case only the DataManager is available.
Remember to speak/ email with a sales manager from eSignal and explain that you only need the datafeed and not their software :)

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 29 Jul 2008

When I start MC a small DataManager application also starts, this DataManager needs to be configured with your eSignal account and that's all there is to it!

I normally download the whole eSignal package, eSignal is made in such a way that the accountnumber gives access to different features of the program and in my case only the DataManager is available.
Remember to speak/ email with a sales manager from eSignal and explain that you only need the datafeed and not their software :)
Thank you :)

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Jul 2008

Hi Tresor,

Hi Marina,

Do I also need to install other vendor's application if I choose other vendor or is it just the case with eSignal?

Regards
Hi Tresor,

With most supported datafeeds you need to have the vendors software installed on your PC as well. The ones that do not involve installing there software are OpenTick, Zen Fire (soon TransAct and AGN).

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Jul 2008

Guys,

Thanks for your input. I have one question:

If:
- I buy data feeds from different vendors, like (i) one data feed from eSignal and (ii) the other from IQFeed,
- then generate ASCII files from both vendors and will compare the ASCII files tick by tick on the same Symbol.

Will both files be the same? I read somewhere that a few of the data vendors either compress data or uptade them not on tick basis but on e.g. 10 second basis.

This is supposed to be the reason why some volume indicators work well with data from vendor A but not necessarily with data from vendor B. Is this true?

Regards
Hi Tresor,

According to our knowledge, pretty much nobody updates data on a true tick by tick basis. The volumes of data have grown dramatically over the past few years. This is why what everybody is dealing with is aggregated tick data that is updated several times a second. There have been a number of studies, according to which aggregated data in no way affects any aspects of trading. So I should not be worried about the speed of updates.

As for comparing data from different providers, there will always be differences. However, as a rule, those are negligent.

I hope the above answers your question.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 31 Jul 2008

Thank you Marina, you've much helpful for me :)

Return to “MultiCharts”