New beta is a BW pig

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Thomas Mann

New beta is a BW pig

Postby Thomas Mann » 24 Jul 2008

Hi All,
After playing today with the new MC I noticed that my Bandwidth usage really spiked up. What was changed that requires so much BW now compared to previous versions ?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Jul 2008

Hi Thomas,

Have you been using the scanner actively? Or maybe you MC usage changed in some other ways compared to what you did before? E.g., you started plotting more charts etc.

Thank you.

Thomas Mann

It Has Been Fun

Postby Thomas Mann » 27 Jul 2008

Hi Marina,
All I did was uninstall the last version and install the beta. I then was notified by my IT person that your program was drawing consistently 50% of our total BW here where I am at during the day. I downloaded the DU meter program, and also verified it was the MC which was doing it since I rebooted and ran only MC. I only chart 4 futs symbols and a couple indexes. If I am drawing that much for 6-8 symbols there is no way it is useable for me. Since I seem to be spending most of my time debugging computer issues with MC I have decided to switch to NT for a while until MC can stabilize. It has been fun working with you guys and gals, but bottom line I am doing this to make $ and not debug MC. Andrew is a wonderful person and programmer so I wish him the best in this adventure. If by some chance down the road you get the interface to opentick working and stabilized please notify me and I will test it again.
Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Jul 2008

Dear Thomas,

If you contact our customer support whenever you have issues, I assure you they can be quickly resolved.

As for the bandwidth consumption: could you please send us the workspaces?

P.S. Since the 4.0 version is still a beta, using it in its current state would inevitably involve debugging which is normal for the software industry.

Regards.

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 08 Aug 2008

Thomas,

I had problems similar to your but only before February 2007. This is what I did:

1. Completely cleaned MultiCharts from my computer in accordance with instructions here http://www.tssupport.com/support/base/? ... le&id=2039

2. Ran a registry cleaner

3. Downloaded MultiCharts and installed afresh

4. Ran the registry cleaner again

5. Sought assistance from HelpDesk Remote Desktop Connection. A developer spent an hour with me, checked everything, found out the problem and altered one dll and assured me such problems shall not recur in future version

6. Ran the registry cleaner once again!!!

The above may not make much scientific sense, but to this day my MultiCharts runs trouble free.

Khalid

Marina Pashkova

Re: It Has Been Fun

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Aug 2008

Hi Marina,
All I did was uninstall the last version and install the beta. I then was notified by my IT person that your program was drawing consistently 50% of our total BW here where I am at during the day. I downloaded the DU meter program, and also verified it was the MC which was doing it since I rebooted and ran only MC. I only chart 4 futs symbols and a couple indexes. If I am drawing that much for 6-8 symbols there is no way it is useable for me. Since I seem to be spending most of my time debugging computer issues with MC I have decided to switch to NT for a while until MC can stabilize. It has been fun working with you guys and gals, but bottom line I am doing this to make $ and not debug MC. Andrew is a wonderful person and programmer so I wish him the best in this adventure. If by some chance down the road you get the interface to opentick working and stabilized please notify me and I will test it again.
Thanks
Hi Thomas,

If the problem is still there, please do contact us via LiveChat.

pipsqueek

Postby pipsqueek » 17 Aug 2008

Maybe Anti virus scanning.

Dear customers,

For the beta version we have enabled detailied logging, with numerous events being logged every second in ASCII format; various antivirus software may attempt to analyze this traffic and this consumes much resources.

One the beta stage is through, we'll disable detailed logging and this problem will no longer be outstanding.

Concerning your post at the forum about the problem with F-Secure, we can give you a registry key that will disable detailed logging; you can set in the regisrty

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\BugSlayer\Trace\Enable = false

and this will be disabled.

Return to “MultiCharts”