New Version loosing data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

New Version loosing data

Postby drwar » 23 Jul 2008

I haven't seen an answer yet to my post about this. And I am seeing it again today. Symbol 6E #F dropped from 5230 bars two days ago to currently 3683 bars on chart. for initial time frame 5/21 to 7/21. Thats about 30 percent fewer bars with almost two days more data. Since it is 7/23.

This is crazy what is going on ?

J~

proflogic

Postby proflogic » 23 Jul 2008

I concur. This problem has been going on for quite some time and I have kept quiet until now but when questions are being ignored, that is a real problem.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Jul 2008

I concur. This problem has been going on for quite some time and I have kept quiet until now but when questions are being ignored, that is a real problem.
Hi proflogic,

We have confirmed that when MultiCharts is working with very large volumes of data the system's behavior becomes somewhat unreliable.

We are working on the fix.

Regards.

proflogic

Postby proflogic » 24 Jul 2008

Thanks for the response Marina.
Just to stress that this is a critical problem. I am a Swing Trader and the accuracy of the data is critical to my profitability. Since I trade for a living, this problem is effecting my ability to earn a living . . . which is of the UTMOST importance to me and everyone else using MultiCharts for profit. I hope this is on TOP of the priority list of fixes.

vienna

Postby vienna » 24 Jul 2008

...second that completely!

This is a serious problem and needs to be given priority. MC is a nice program, but the foundation has to be fixed first before you hang pictures on the walls of the house.

And it is not that we are requesting huge amount of data. Just Swing charts, going back some time, like most other charting programs can handle.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Jul 2008

Hi vienna,

How many charts do you usually use? What is the resolution? How many bars do you have in each chart?

dupl

Postby dupl » 31 Jul 2008

Hi vienna,

How many charts do you usually use? What is the resolution? How many bars do you have in each chart?
It would be nice if QM or MC could count the bars. Could you implement an option/coulnm in QM (see screenshot) for charted bars of a symb?

And an option to sum the bars.

Thanks
Attachments
Qm-columns.PNG
(25.36 KiB) Downloaded 662 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Jul 2008

Hi dupl,

How do you see this feature implemented? Say, you have several charts for the same symbol. Each chart has different resolution. Each chart has a different number of bars. What exactly should be shown?

Do you use the hint to check the number of bars plotted in a chart?

Return to “MultiCharts”