Opentick Issue

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Thomas Mann

Opentick Issue

Postby Thomas Mann » 25 Jul 2008

Hi Marina,

/YMU8
/ER2U8
/NQU8
/ESU8
/E7U8

I am loading 2000 tick bars on various times, but I load only 2 charts per symbol per Workspace. If I miss a day or two of data then it can take hours to load the charts. This same task with NT only takes maybe 5-6 mins to load 2000 tick bars. May I suggest MC get a opentick account with either globex or EM exchange and see for yourself. Loading Opentick data is extremely painful.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Jul 2008

Hi Thomas,

Loading data from OpenTick can really sometimes take a long time (especially in the mornings). As for NT, could you please give us comparisons b/w NinjaTrander and MC: how many symbols you plot, request length (how many bars/days you request), how long downloading data takes in each platform (so that we could compare figures).

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 31 Jul 2008

Hi Marina,
I have ran NT all week to give it a fair comparison. I use Ultra VNC to log into my server remotely and watch NT thru the VNC. It has run 24/7 for the last 5 days and I loaded 2000 tick bars worth of data. To initially load a chart in the beginning it took 4-5 mins for 2000 tick bars. To load the same charts with MC would take hours. On Saturday I will reboot server and load MC beta again. Next week when it crashes and messes up I will do my best to capture the logs and send then to you. I have noticed also that Ultra VNC gets shut down and kicks me off every couple days. This is the same VNC your help desk uses I believe yet I still have issues. I suspect there is a DLL getting stepped on somewhere, but I am not sure of what is causing that issue. I will do my best to catch that as well.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 01 Aug 2008

Dear Thomas,

We do not use ultra VNC any more. Please contact our LiveChat and you will receive further instructions on how to give us remote access to your PC.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Aug 2008

Regarding the OpenTick issue:

We have run tests comparing the speed of loading OpenTick data by NT and MultiCharts.

What took NT 4 minutes, took MultiCharts 5 minutes etc. MultiCharts is slower because it submits several smaller requests instead of a larger one. However, as you can see, in our tests the difference was minor and was nowhere near the difference in several hours that you mentioned.

If you could demonstrate us the issue via remote connection (by contacting our customer support via LiveChat) your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”