MULTICHARTS 4.0 BETA 1 NOW AVAILABLE

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Marina Pashkova

MULTICHARTS 4.0 BETA 1 NOW AVAILABLE

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Jul 2008

We have released a new version of MultiCharts that includes the brand new scanner module.

We invite you to test out this version and would appreciate it if you contacted us about any issues that the 4.0 beta might have.
Last edited by Marina Pashkova on 19 Aug 2008, edited 1 time in total.

t123knight

Postby t123knight » 23 Jul 2008

How many bars does the scannar reference? Are we able to change it?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Jul 2008

Hi t123knight,

The scanner references as many bars as is required by the applied indicators.
This number is defined automatically.

Regards.

drwar

Bug in Scanner

Postby drwar » 25 Jul 2008

First where did you hide the Screen image save feature ? After close and re-open it came back. So it disappears in Version 4. The scanner is not updating all the cells just using very simple implementation. This is using TS data. Compare last price on Scanner with Last price on Chart Status bar for NQ. Re-boot did not help. Seems to work ok with Esignal data.

See attached.

P.S. 10 minutes after capturing pictures and composing this email NQ still has not changed in scanner but ES is following right along. The NQ Chart is updating fine. if I click on format study on the NQ cell and just hit ok it will update. Otherwise it doesn't change.

J~
Attachments
ScannerProblem.png
(44.19 KiB) Downloaded 1521 times

t123knight

Postby t123knight » 28 Jul 2008

When you say that the numbers of bars referenced is automatic, is it based on the most bars needed in order to calculated the first value of the indicator applied? If so, then it answer the question as to why my screen isn't working. To generate a signal I most likely need a minimum 300-500 bars. However, the indicator (the ERG) in which my signals are drawn from only needs 147 bar to calculate the first value. Therefore, in my situation I should be getting signals when I'm not because it is initially only going back the minimum requirement for the ERG. If I leave it running for a while I eventually get signals. However, is there anyway I can circomvent the automatic default? Can I have it automatically look back 500 bars instead of the 147?

Just wanted to say that this scanner is awsome!! I know you guys will only make it better and better.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 01 Aug 2008

Hi t123knight,

I am afraid I don't quite understand the situation you are describing. What signals are you referring to? (scanner can only work with indicators).

"If I am running it for a while I eventually get signals" - could you elaborate on that please?

"Can I have it automatically look back 500 bars instead of the 147? "

No, the number of bars the study will reference is defined automatically and cannot be set manually.

eberle lutz

Postby eberle lutz » 02 Aug 2008

I am afraid I have the same problem. Some indicators need some data history to calculate an output although this is not predefined in the corresponding code. The scanner only takes the data of the last bar. That's why these indicators are not displaying any numbers/values. You should enable the scanner to automatically load a minimum of 100 bars for each symbol + the ability to change this manually.

eberle lutz

Postby eberle lutz » 02 Aug 2008

Furthermore it should be possible in the scanner to:

1. change the resolution for all symbols at once in the column
2. add more than 10 indicators / studies (no limit)
3. allow string statements and different colours in the table elements (very important!!!!!!!)
4. change fonts and numbers, background (colour, size and thickness)
5. define more than 3 sort criteria and the ability to save them as default
6. add "Description" in column (who knows all the company names for the corresponding symbol by heart?)
7. add "bid size" and "ask size" in the column. For this purpose the Quotemanager should be able to collect this data from esignal or any other data vendor.
8. add at least 1000 symbols

eberle lutz

Postby eberle lutz » 03 Aug 2008

...regarding the problem t123knight mentioned:

In Radarscreen from TS you can find/mark following option:

"Load additional data for accumulative calculations. Additional bars to load:"

Exactly the same option should be immediatley implemented in the Multicharts scanner. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Otherwise many indicators will not work in the scanner/matrix.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 04 Aug 2008

I am afraid I have the same problem. Some indicators need some data history to calculate an output although this is not predefined in the corresponding code. The scanner only takes the data of the last bar.
May I ask you what the above assumption is based on? The way indicator calculations work is as follows: a number of bars is loaded. If this number is not enough to for the indicator to be calculated, more bars are loaded etc.

If you have issues with some of the indicators being calculated, please contact us via LiveChat so that our engineers could have a look at this problem on-line.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 04 Aug 2008

1. change the resolution for all symbols at once in the column
already planned
2. add more than 10 indicators / studies (no limit)

already planned
3. allow string statements and different colours in the table elements (very important!!!!!!!)

string statements are planned for future versions. If you are talking about the background colour, you can use the GetBackGroundColour word.
4. change fonts and numbers, background (colour, size and thickness)

thank you for the idea
5. define more than 3 sort criteria and the ability to save them as default

Could you please specify why you need as many as 3 sort criteria?
6. add "Description" in column (who knows all the company names for the corresponding symbol by heart?)

we don't have plans to implement that at the moment
7. add "bid size" and "ask size" in the column. For this purpose the Quotemanager should be able to collect this data from esignal or any other data vendor.

Will be added in future
8. add at least 1000 symbols
The number of symbols you'll be watching will only depend on your computer configurations.

t123knight

Postby t123knight » 06 Aug 2008

Thank you for all your help. I was able to resolve the problem by opening up the properties in my indicator within the PowerLanguage Editor and setting the number of bars referenced to User Specified. It works like a charm!

eberle lutz

Postby eberle lutz » 06 Aug 2008

yes - this way it works! But it would be more comfortable to have an option to change this directly in the indicator column :wink:

eberle lutz

Postby eberle lutz » 06 Aug 2008

Could you please specify why you need as many as 3 sort criteria?
Because I will use far more than 10 indicators. 3 sort criteria are fine - 5 would be perfect!

we don't have plans to implement that at the moment
I really beg you to add a"Description" column in the 4.0 version! It is so basic and functional to have this column in the matrix. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! :roll:

dupl

Postby dupl » 07 Aug 2008

Do I need to fill out the webform as registered user for the beat?
:(
Last edited by dupl on 07 Aug 2008, edited 1 time in total.

dupl

Postby dupl » 07 Aug 2008

calculation of indicators with more than one input.

The indicator should not only be calculated by one DataSeries update e.g. DataSeries1, if the indicator uses:
  • DataSeries1
    DataSeries2
    DataSeries3
    DataSeries4
It should be updated by every DataSeries used for the indicator.

E.g. if you build an Bid-Ask spread indicator

Code: Select all

inputs: DataSeries1( Close of data1 ), DataSeries2( Close of data2 ) ;
inputs: DataSeries3( Close of data3 ), DataSeries4( Close of data4 ) ;

Plot1( DataSeries1 - DataSeries4, "ASK", red );
Plot2( DataSeries2 - DataSeries3, "BID", green );
it is not usable!

drwar

Postby drwar » 10 Aug 2008

Dupl

I agree 100 percent. While you can pass variables using dll's from one row to another there are several important issues.

1) it makes the code extremely complicated. The order of execution cannot be controlled.

2) Some or all of the Dll's that are available for this are not compatible with 64 bit versions of windows.

3) Additionally for swing traders, formatting days back is absolutely necessary if the indicators track previous values. Bars back is limited to 90 days of data so it is not a solution.

Jerry

Nick

Postby Nick » 13 Aug 2008

I agree to DUPL. Not only that it would be great if you had a similar feature to NEoticker's tick precise technology. This allows you to load every data stream into a chart tick by tick (even if it is say a 5 minute bar chart).

This means that indicators based on historical data look the same as live. (e.g. bid/ask pressure indicators that do volume@bid and volume@ask which use intrabarpersist).

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 18 Aug 2008

Report : possible bug (Version 4.0 Beta 1 (Build 1440))

I opened a new chart with symbol FDAXU08 from my TS-feed. After this I changed the symbol to ESU8 from my Zenfire-feed. What happened ?

Take a look on the screenshot !!! Well done.

The wrong data are not in the database. But if you close this chart and try to reopen it with different timeframes and so on you still get the same chart data until you close all applications (QM & MC) and stop the tsserver.exe in the TaskManager.

If you reopen the QM everything seems to be fine. But it should not happen !!!!

Regards.

Mike
Attachments
MC_BuginQM.png
(38.03 KiB) Downloaded 1495 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 19 Aug 2008

Hi piranhaxp,

Could you please specify the following:

1. How exactly did you make the symbol change?
2. Did you have 'merge data sources into a single chart' enabled?
3. What dates are shown on the screenshot that you posted?
4. Do you make requests for this symbol every day?
5. Please go to QuoteManager -> Edit Symbol -> Settings to see if you are using the correct price scale, min. movement, and big point values for this symbol.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”