Bar spacing for realtime data changed from prev version?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

Bar spacing for realtime data changed from prev version?

Postby 2haerim » 11 Aug 2008

One told me that in the prev version, when a chart had tick-count charts only, it plotted each bar even-spaced, not even-timed. But the latest version has changed it to plot even-spaced for historical bars, but even-timed for realtime bars.

It is not affecting the signal logic, but some feels uncomfortable for uneven-spaced bars.

So, I would like to ask opinions from others about which is better:
1) to plot even-spaced
2) to plot even-timed

Of course when mixtures of time-based and tick-count charts, even-times is the the only way to go, and I only want to hear about for tick-count charts only.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Bar spacing for realtime data changed from prev version?

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Aug 2008

One told me that in the prev version, when a chart had tick-count charts only, it plotted each bar even-spaced, not even-timed. But the latest version has changed it to plot even-spaced for historical bars, but even-timed for realtime bars.

It is not affecting the signal logic, but some feels uncomfortable for uneven-spaced bars.

So, I would like to ask opinions from others about which is better:
1) to plot even-spaced
2) to plot even-timed

Of course when mixtures of time-based and tick-count charts, even-times is the the only way to go, and I only want to hear about for tick-count charts only.
Hi HaeRim,

I am not sure I understand your distiction b/w even-spaced vs even-timed. Could you elaborate on that please and illustrate both with screenshots?

Thank you.

2haerim

Postby 2haerim » 19 Aug 2008

I've attached a screen shot showing the different spacing issue for realtime and history data.

MC was turned on at 09:51:16 AM and plotted history data with a certain bar spacing. As the realtime data is received, the bar spacing gets denser than that of the history bars as shown in the picture.

When the chart is reloaded or the workspace is reopened, the dense bars become wider like previous history bars. Only the realtime bars are plotted dense-spaced.

I am not sure this is a intended feature or a bug, but users might want to see the same realtime bar spacing as that of history bars.

Please check this.
Attachments
DifferentSpacingProblem.png
(103.98 KiB) Downloaded 382 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 19 Aug 2008

HaeRim,

Do you have any hidden symbols on that chart?

2haerim

Postby 2haerim » 20 Aug 2008

No hidden symbols or hidden studies at all.

The chart has Data1 and Data2 and several indicators and builtin drawings.

No signals.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Aug 2008

Hi HaeRim,

I could not reproduce the bug on our end. If it persists, please contact us via LiveChat to show it.

Return to “MultiCharts”