TL_New, Text_New Can't Draw well in Point Charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Chi-Yuan Shih

TL_New, Text_New Can't Draw well in Point Charts

Postby Chi-Yuan Shih » 07 Sep 2008

In Point Charts, There may be many bars occur on the same minutes.

When I try to draw texts using Text_New, all the text on the same minute will draw on same bar. Ex. Texts on 09:00:10, 09:00:25, 09:00:59 will all draw at 09:00:00.

TL_New is the same.

Is that possible to set the Time to the second resolution in order to draw at precise bar ?

OR, Is there any substitute Function to draw text and TL using Barnumbers instead of Date, Time ?

I think in Renko or Ticks charts must meet the same problem !

TJ

Re: TL_New, Text_New Can't Draw well in Point Charts

Postby TJ » 07 Sep 2008

Is that possible to set the Time to the second resolution in order to draw at precise bar ?
TL_New_s
Displays a trendline, with the specified starting and ending points, on the chart that the study is based on; returns a trendline-specific ID number, required to modify the trendline.

Usage
TL_New_s (sDate, sTime_s, sPriceValue, eDate, eTime_s, ePriceValue)
Parameters

sDate - a numerical expression specifying the trendline starting point date; the date is indicated in the YYYMMdd format, where YYY is the number of years since 1900, MM is the month, and dd is the day of the month

sTime_s - a numerical expression specifying the trendline starting point time, including seconds; the time is indicated in the 24-hour HHmmss format, where 130000 = 1:00:00 PM

sPriceValue - a numerical expression specifying the trendline starting point price value (vertical position, corresponding to a value on the price scale of a chart)

eDate - a numerical expression specifying the trendline ending point date

eTime_s - a numerical expression specifying the trendline ending point time, including seconds

ePriceValue - a numerical expression specifying the trendline ending point price value

Example
Display a trendline, that begins at 9:00:00 AM at a price value of 1381, and ends at 3:00:00 PM at a price value of 1337, on January 17th, 2008, on the chart that the study is based on:

Value1=TL_New_s(1080117,90000,1381,1080117,150000,1337);
Text_New_s
Displays a text object, consisting of the specified string expression located at the specified bar and specified price value, on the chart that the study is based on; returns an object-specific ID number, required to modify the object.

Usage
Text_New_s (BarDate, BarTime_s, PriceValue,"Text")

Parameters
BarDate - a numerical expression specifying the date of the bar at which the object is to be placed; the date is indicated in the YYYMMdd format, where YYY is the number of years since 1900, MM is the month, and dd is the day of the month

BarTime_s - a numerical expression specifying the time of the bar, including seconds, at which the object is to be placed; the time is indicated in the 24-hour HHmmss format, where 130000 = 1:00:00 PM

PriceValue - a numerical expression specifying the price value (vertical position, corresponding to a value on the price scale of a chart), where the object is to be placed

Text - the string expression to be displayed

Example
Place, on the chart that the study is based on, the text "UpT" at the top of a bar if the Open price has increased incrementally over the last three bars:

If Open>Open[1] And Open[1]>Open[2] Then
Value1=Text_New_s(Date,Time_s,High,"UpT");

Look into the middle column of this page:
http://www.tssupport.com/support/tutorials/

you can download the references under:

Working with analysis techniques in MultiCharts:

Chi-Yuan Shih

I found the solution !!!

In HELP, I found there are function to do this:

Text_New_S
TL_New_S

Chi-Yuan Shih

Thank You, TJ.

drwar

Re: I found the solution !!!

Postby drwar » 07 Sep 2008

[quote]In HELP, I found there are function to do this:

Text_New_S
TL_New_S[/quote]

In fast markets that will leave you with the same problem . As there can be several bars with the same time down to the second. The only real solution is not to increase the time resolution even further but for them to implement the same commands using barnumber as the locating parameter instead of time , because that is unique.

J~

Return to “MultiCharts”