Intraday Price Bars late to print (reopened issue)

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
btrader2

Intraday Price Bars late to print (reopened issue)

Postby btrader2 » 12 Sep 2008

Refer to topic opened by valabhi on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:22 pm Post subject: MC3.0 Intraday Price bars late to reflect actual price.

This issue is not fixed. I’m using build 3.1.1353.400

The print on the MultiCharts NQ contract chart are lagging IB TWS quotes. This just reappeared this morning. I only see this issue on the NQ contract. I also chart the Euro (6E) and Bonds (ZB) using IB but these two contracts plot correctly. When I joined in the previous topic I pointed out at that time it was the NQ contract that caused the issue. Others saw it on the ES or ER2. I need to restate that I’m looking at Euro, Bond and NQ contracts concurrently using IB and I only see this lag for NQ.

Also, it doesn't matter if I plot Volume, Tick, or Minute bars. The problem remains.

Please Advise,
Cliff (btrader2)
Attachments
Example.png
Here is an example
(68.72 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Last edited by btrader2 on 12 Sep 2008, edited 2 times in total.

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 12 Sep 2008

Another basic charting problem!

Where are we heading?

Khalid

fs

Postby fs » 12 Sep 2008

Funny... I just came to the forum to post about the same issue. See attached screenprint where NT DOM show the price as 1773.5 and MC show the price as at 1772.25. 5 ticks different.

When you monitor the chart, you can see the price sits still for long periods of time while it fluctuate up and down in TWS and NT DOM and then all of a sudden jumps to a different price and then sits there for while again before another jump. This make the charting pretty useless.
Attachments
Chart Lagging.png
(180.44 KiB) Downloaded 433 times

btrader2

Postby btrader2 » 12 Sep 2008

Exactly fs,

It's like price updates are "hung up" then will jump at once the number of ticks it takes to report the correct price.

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 12 Sep 2008

I do not know when MultiCharts started, but if we take July 2005 as the start time; then, regardless of the fact a version is “Beta” or “Official”, TS Support hasn't even got MultiCharts basic charting right in THREE YEARS.

This must raise serious questions about:

the way they do things;
where they are heading.

I have tried a fairly good number of betas in my life and can testify these people have taken the definition of beta to a new all time low.

Khalid

Return to “MultiCharts”