Feature request: Bar chart spike protection

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
danilo

Feature request: Bar chart spike protection

Postby danilo » 25 Sep 2008

Recently I had big quality problems getting historical data from IB regarding the OMX futures, I wrote to IB and I have received the following answer:

The big bars you can see in your charts are coming from miss trades reported on the exchange, unfortunately we can not remove the these miss trades out of the chart data and that's why you see these spikes. In order to remove these spikes, please add something to the "bar chart spike protection" which you could find when you click on the top of your chart window on Configure -> Settings, and then on the right hand side, in the middle of the page you should see now the "bar chart spike protection".

(Bar chart spike protection (max. % change from previous bar) - if you want to apply spike protection, enter a percentage value. If any bar exceeds this percentage relative to the previous bar, it is automatically eliminated from the chart.)

Should be a good idea to add this kind of spike protection also in MC, maybe as a option in the QuoteManager.

Regards,
Danilo
Attachments
TWS_OMXS308I@OMS_bug.png
OMX Future chart with spike
(121.92 KiB) Downloaded 366 times

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 26 Sep 2008

+ 1 Support

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Oct 2008

Hi Danilo and Super,

We are planning to implement a bad tick filder in one of the upcoming versions of MultiCharts.

Regards.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 03 Oct 2008

We Desparately need a bad tick filter ASAP !!!

Return to “MultiCharts”