Latest betas

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kelly simon

Latest betas

Postby kelly simon » 29 Sep 2008

Don't know if anyone else experiencing this issue, but on the last two betas, on a faster tick chart for entry, I find that I have keep refreshing it all the time, as after a short while it stops plotting some of the studies I have running on it.

I'm not getting this on a 1 min type chart with other studies.

Thanks,
Simon

kelly simon

Uncompiled indicators removed after installing new beta

Postby kelly simon » 30 Sep 2008

One other thing about installing new betas. Because it tends to happen that after install, MC opens up the previously open charts - without the custom indicators being recompiled - it is really easy to lose a workspace - because indicators included in a workspace - that are not compiled - are seemingly removed...

Simon

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 30 Sep 2008

This bug has been in MC for a long time now, it should compile all studies when upgrade takes place. Just like you I lost all my setting of strategy and now I have to work them all out again.

In future it would be wise to back up workspace files under seperate folder before upgrade, incase there is any problem at least you have something to fall back on.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 30 Sep 2008

When I upgrade to the new versions, BEFORE opening MultiCharts, I go to the editor FIRST and compille all uncompiled studies.
Then you can open MultiCharts without fear of losing any chart setups.

kelly simon

RE: Upgrade and stopping plotting studies

Postby kelly simon » 30 Sep 2008

Guys, yes, I will be backing up workspaces from now on... Thank you!
Still, I think it might be more user friendly if the upgrade worked round the issue and also made an extra backup of last opened workspaces.

RE: MC stopping plotting studies. Am attaching a screenshot, where this has happened.

Simon
Attachments
stops plotting.jpg
MC stops plotting studies
(170.05 KiB) Downloaded 505 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 01 Oct 2008

Hi everybody,

The fact that MC does not compile custom studies during the installation is not a bug. This is an intended behavior, the reason being is that if custom studies are compiled during the installation, it takes extremely long to upgrade.

All you need to do to work with your saved workspaces without any issues is go to PLEditor after the upgrade has been completed and choose to compile all uncompiled studies.

Regards.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 01 Oct 2008

Hi everybody,

The fact that MC does not compile custom studies during the installation is not a bug. This is an intended behavior, the reason being is that if custom studies are compiled during the installation, it takes extremely long to upgrade.

All you need to do to work with your saved workspaces without any issues is go to PLEditor after the upgrade has been completed and choose to compile all uncompiled studies.

Regards.
Marina,

Thanks for your clarification, it would be nice to have an option during installation procedure to choose between compile all or compile canned strategies only if there is a serious concern about time it would take to compile all studies (custom +canned). I don't think that users would mind few extra minutes of installation time then trying to remember going through the routine you have suggested.

Regards
Super

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 02 Oct 2008

Hi Super,

Your suggestion seems reasonable.

I will pass your request on to our development team.

Thank you.

kelly simon

Re: Latest betas

Postby kelly simon » 03 Oct 2008

Don't know if anyone else experiencing this issue, but on the last two betas, on a faster tick chart for entry, I find that I have keep refreshing it all the time, as after a short while it stops plotting some of the studies I have running on it.

I'm not getting this on a 1 min type chart with other studies.

Thanks,
Simon
Good news. I have found that this issue has corrected itself, by me going back to the previous release version of the proprietary indicator set that I utilise.

With the super new candlestick painting functionality, on the same occasion of upgrading to the latest MC beta release, I also upgraded to the latest version of my indicator set.

I remembered this, and have found that the previous version release of my indicator set, works just fine with the present MC beta - and contains all the functionality I presently utilise from them.

I will let the developers know about the issue I have described above.

Thanks,
Simon

kelly simon

Postby kelly simon » 07 Oct 2008

I was wondering, with respect to the 'removing study from workspace after upgrades' issue, whether maybe the most appropriate solution would be for the upgrade to keep the studies (and their settings) attached to the chart - but to mark them as deactivated due to needing a recompile - in the format studies dialogue box.

Thanks,
Simon

Return to “MultiCharts”