BarStatus function no longer works !!

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

BarStatus function no longer works !!

Postby drwar » 04 Oct 2008

I used the following test code on a single data stream with update every tick checked.

IF (barstatus(1)=0) then Print("Open Datas time ",time_s);
IF (barstatus(1)=1) then Print("InTick Data2 time ",time_s);
IF (barstatus(1)=2) then Print("Close Data2 time ",time_s);

It only outputs for the close , Barstatus(1)=2 .. this is incorrect

I then changed the code as follows and used it on two data streams

IF (barstatus(2)=0) then Print("Open Datas time ",time_s);
IF (barstatus(2)=1) then Print("InTick Data2 time ",time_s);
IF (barstatus(2)=2) then Print("Close Data2 time ",time_s);

It never Prints. This of course is also incorrect.
Please fix this, Barstatus is a very basic function absolutely necessary
for using multiple data streams.

Tested with release version 3.1.1353.400 and 4.0.1609.203 Beta both have the same problem.

J~

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 05 Oct 2008

drwar,

Are you testing your code on live or historical data.

With historical data you will get results of barstatus(1)=2 only and that may be correct from my understanding that only closing tick information is available for historical data.

With two data streams, you are quite right that with barstatus(2)=2 it does not work as expected even on historical data-which sounds like a bug in MC. I have tested your code with TS and can confirm that TS plots values for barstatus(2)=2 only.

Regards
Super

drwar

Postby drwar » 05 Oct 2008

[quote]drwar,

Are you testing your code on live or historical data.

With historical data you will get results of barstatus(1)=2 only and that may be correct from my understanding that only closing tick information is available for historical data.

With two data streams, you are quite right that with barstatus(2)=2 it does not work as expected even on historical data-which sounds like a bug in MC. I have tested your code with TS and can confirm that TS plots values for barstatus(2)=2 only.

Regards
Super[/quote]

Finding the problem started out on Live data but migrated to historical as the weekend progressed but so did the testing. Your correct , After posting I realised that I would get no "within Tick" data. But I did think I should of gotten the open tick.
I haven't tested on TS yet but I will today. The one I am really concerned about is what you confirmed, Barstatus(2)=2 will not show up. Our programs operate off the close of multiple data streams and will no longer run correctly because we use this.

Thanks
J~

drwar

Postby drwar » 05 Oct 2008

I did more tests of which the results were more or less common sense from what I have already seen.

Whatever data Stream an indicator is applied to the barstatus command can
detect. The problem is that it cannot detect the status of any other symbol data stream. example:

if the indicator is applied to data2, bastatus can detect close of data2. This is still not useful because all our indicator needs to reference multiple data streams.

Additionally, I had to stop using the Print command back to PLE. I had to Print to file. It would lockup PLE. This is using version 4.0 beta 3.

J~

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Oct 2008

Hi Jerry,

The bug has been confirmed. Thank you for reporting.

Regards.

drwar

Postby drwar » 27 Oct 2008

[quote]Hi Jerry,

The bug has been confirmed. Thank you for reporting.

Regards.[/quote]

Marina

When is this bug scheduled to be addressed ?

Thanks
J~

Return to “MultiCharts”