Serious error when opening workspace chart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

Serious error when opening workspace chart

Postby drwar » 28 Sep 2008

I say this is serious because the approximately 1/2 the time you have to close MC in order to clear the problem. If your trading other charts at the time its a killer. It happens randomly when opening charts or workspaces with charts.

1) You open the chart and you get symbol disconnected . See attached.

2) You close the chart or workspace and reopen and if the same thing. eveything is hosed and you have to close MC to get around it.

3) This happens even if its the only chart open

4) It happens with v3.1 , or v4 betas.. and its independent of vista, Xp or win2000.

J~
Attachments
MC DIsconnect Error.png
(15.66 KiB) Downloaded 382 times

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 28 Sep 2008

Next time try deleting the bad chart and make a new one. I've had charts not update and that fixed it for me. It seems that they get corrupted sometimes.

drwar

Postby drwar » 29 Sep 2008

[quote]Next time try deleting the bad chart and make a new one. I've had charts not update and that fixed it for me. It seems that they get corrupted sometimes.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion , Been there done that. Its not the problem. We open and close so many charts that we are looking at. Happens much more on all symbols where . Example ES #F=1 which gives day session only. And it randomly changes. There is a problem when you use a lot of charts. They are all not open at the same time. It has something to do with the opening and closing.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

J~

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Oct 2008

Hi guys,

This is a confirmed bug. The fix will be included into the upcoming release version.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”