Scanner features - scroll lock, symbol or indicator sort

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sigma Trader

Scanner features - scroll lock, symbol or indicator sort

Postby Sigma Trader » 02 Oct 2008

Usually the left column of a scanner has a list of symbols. It would be helpful to have a "scroll lock" user option feature for that column so that when the columns are scrolled horizontally the symbol column remains in view at the left margin.

Also a scanner might have symbols that are members of groups or sectors. It would be useful to be able to retain that grouping when doing a sort so that the symbols are sorted within their group. For example a Row Lock boundary could be inserted and labeled between the groups.

A third feature that would be handy is to be able to name the Scanner layout or template for easy recall. Currently i see no way to name the scanner and save it for use the next time it is opened. However, it is saved with the workspace and multiple scanners can be open.

It would be helpful to have more scanner editing features such as, Insert/Delete/Drag a row.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Oct 2008

Usually the left column of a scanner has a list of symbols. It would be helpful to have a "scroll lock" user option feature for that column so that when the columns are scrolled horizontally the symbol column remains in view at the left margin.

Also a scanner might have symbols that are members of groups or sectors. It would be useful to be able to retain that grouping when doing a sort so that the symbols are sorted within their group. For example a Row Lock boundary could be inserted and labeled between the groups.
We will consider the above features for implementation. Thank you for the suggestion.
A third feature that would be handy is to be able to name the Scanner layout or template for easy recall. Currently i see no way to name the scanner and save it for use the next time it is opened. However, it is saved with the workspace and multiple scanners can be open.
Could you please provide more details on how this feature should work?
It would be helpful to have more scanner editing features such as, Insert/Delete/Drag a row.
Could you please explain why would you need to have those editing features?

Thank you.

Sigma Trader

scanner naming

Postby Sigma Trader » 09 Oct 2008

I suppose it isn't absolutely necessary to name a scanner layout. There are ways around it like having duplicate workspaces but with different names incase one gets screwed up. One of the minor irritants i've found with the scanner is the oneway sort. By that i mean if a column such as the symbol column is clicked on to sort, then it isn't possible to unsort and re-arrange symbols manually. A new scanner has to be created. Deleting and inserting a new symbol into a sorted column will also automatically be sorted. So i guess i am saying it would be convenient to have a "restore unsort" check box so the user can manually arrange the symbols for such things as markets, groups and sectors. Then save the scanner configuration with a user selected name. Currently the scanner is saved as part of a workspace. Perhaps if the scanner had a different type of save feature and was saved independantly of the workspace it could then be brought to the foreground regardless of which workspace was open. It would then overlay an existing workspace and could be moved around independantly.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 10 Oct 2008

Hi Sigma Trader,

Thank you for the clarifications. We will think how your suggestions could be implemented in future MC versions.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”