Realtime Scanner After Hours

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
flipflopper

Realtime Scanner After Hours

Postby flipflopper » 13 Oct 2008

The real time scanner always has stale quotes after hours with the YM.

Please see attached.

Also I see there is no way to view a 24 hour session in the scanner.
Attachments
scan.jpg
(47.06 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
scan.jpg
(47.06 KiB) Downloaded 473 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Oct 2008

Hi flipflopper,

Daily bars allow using Regular sessions only. This isn't a limitation of the scanner but the limitation of the daily bars. You can check this by either plotting daily bars on a chart and checking the options that are offered for this resolution or you can plot a resolution smaller than daily in scanner and you will see that you'll have two options for sessions - 24 hour and regular.

To make sure that your daily bars keep updating, plot them as 1440 minute bars for example. Or if you want to use the daily resolution, just go to QuoteManager and edit sessions for this symbol. You will need to enable 'Use Custom Sessions' and enter 00:00 and 23:59 for start and end time respectively.

Best regards.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 16 Oct 2008

ok. But the as shown in the screen shot the realtime scanner is trying to plot after hours quotes.

If what you said is correct. The quote should show the closing value of the YM.

Also the ES ALWAYS shows correct after hours quotes in the scanner.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Oct 2008

Hi flipflopper,

I might be missing something, but once again it all depends on the kind of sessions you have set up for those symbols in QuoteManager.

If you want you could come to help desk and we'll check those settings for you to find out what might be causing the descrepancy.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 21 Oct 2008

Hi flipflopper,

I might be missing something, but once again it all depends on the kind of sessions you have set up for those symbols in QuoteManager.

If you want you could come to help desk and we'll check those settings for you to find out what might be causing the descrepancy.
Hi Marina,

My point here is that the YM on the daily setting is screwed up. What you are seeing is NOT the closing price and net change. It is some weird delayed after hours quote.

I have found a way to solve this by changing the resolution for my scanner to intraday.

Lets not worry about this now since there are still bugs with daily data in Multicharts. Once you have solved the daily data issue in the charting I'll check to see if there is still the issue in the scanner.

Thanks

Return to “MultiCharts”