pls add Coordinates to all charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TJ

pls add Coordinates to all charts

Postby TJ » 15 Oct 2008

when I use the cross hair... I can see the X-axis and Y-axis coordinates at the chart where my mouse points at.

Please add the coordinates to ALL the charts.

please see attached for the coordinate I am talking about.
Attachments
coordinates.JPG
(60.29 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
Last edited by TJ on 15 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.

Moulinex

Postby Moulinex » 15 Oct 2008

Could explain better the matter please?
thanks!! I have not understood the difference between what is already present and what you would....

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Oct 2008

the coordinate only shows up on the chart where my cursor is pointing.

I do not see the coordinate at the other charts.

am I the only one missing the coordinates at the other charts?
is there an option that I have forgotten to check off to get those coordinates at other charts?

fs

Postby fs » 15 Oct 2008

the coordinate only shows up on the chart where my cursor is pointing.

I do not see the coordinate at the other charts.

am I the only one missing the coordinates at the other charts?
is there an option that I have forgotten to check off to get those coordinates at other charts?
This makes kind of sense that it wouldn't show up in all the charts when you have pointer tracking on. Remember with pointer tracking, the XY value where your cursor is is at the same XY value in all the charts. So, when the time line is at 10:00 AM in the main chart, it is at 10:00 AM on all the charts. When the price value is on price 1200 on the main chart, it is on 1200 on all the charts (assuming of course this is the same symbol and if not, that the value is visible on the Y scale).

There is no need to repeat the same information on all the charts, since the whole point of pointer tracking is to track the same time and price on all the charts based on the chart where your cursor is.

I guess some people would like to see the coordinate values repeat on all the charts. For me, this is not a big deal.

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Oct 2008

I guess some people would like to see the coordinate values repeat on all the charts. For me, this is not a big deal.
when you have multiple monitors... with multiple charts... you will understand.

this is not just tracking one price and one time frame...
if you reference one point in one chart... then refer to the second chart in another monitor, and if you want to see the price of the previous peak... you move the cursor a bit to get the price... but you know how MC's price scale is like... you just do not have the fine scale to work with... so adding the coordinate is no big effort, but saves a lot of grief.

fs

Postby fs » 15 Oct 2008

I know this is not just tracking price on one timeframe. This would be rather silly to have the exact same chart duplicated several times. And you are assuming that I don't have multiple monitors.

I don't think the way you want to use it, is the way it was designed to be used. Pointer tracking is designed to track the time and price level on all the other charts based on the primary chart. What I do if I want to see the price at a specific level on a chart, I just move my mouse to that chart.

As I said, this never bothered me and I don't care either way if it gets implemented or not, although I think TS Support can spend their resources on more important things. Of course this is just one man's opinion and I don't decide what gets to be implemented and what not.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Oct 2008

when you have multiple monitors... with multiple charts... you will understand.

this is not just tracking one price and one time frame...
if you reference one point in one chart... then refer to the second chart in another monitor, and if you want to see the price of the previous peak... you move the cursor a bit to get the price... but you know how MC's price scale is like... you just do not have the fine scale to work with... so adding the coordinate is no big effort, but saves a lot of grief.
Hi TJ,

For the time being, we do not have any plans on changing the implementation of this feature.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”