Indicators and chart scaling

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

Indicators and chart scaling

Postby iso » 15 Oct 2008

Hello,

When you put an indicator on the chart, lets say a moving average, the chart changes it's primary scaling from the symbol to the indicator. If you switch it back to the symbol as soon as you start working with the chart it changes back to the moving average.

Also when an indicator is on the chart all drawings get attached to the indicator instead of the symbol.

Is it possible to add something that will force the scaling to the symbol and drawings to the symbol?

Thanks

TJ

Re: Indicators and chart scaling

Postby TJ » 15 Oct 2008

Hello,

When you put an indicator on the chart, lets say a moving average, the chart changes it's primary scaling from the symbol to the indicator. If you switch it back to the symbol as soon as you start working with the chart it changes back to the moving average.
I have complained about it long time ago... but no action... :-(

Also when an indicator is on the chart all drawings get attached to the indicator instead of the symbol.

Is it possible to add something that will force the scaling to the symbol and drawings to the symbol?
Thanks
right click on chart... select Visual Order...
make sure the symbol is on top.

Nick

Postby Nick » 20 Oct 2008

As have I. Its an issue with how the layering is done.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Indicators and chart scaling

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Oct 2008

Hello,

Thanks
Hi iso,

In none of my test have I been able to make the price scale change its base from symbol to the indicator by just applying an indicator to the chart.

Nor have I noticed drawings being snapped to indicators.

Could you please describe, step by step, what I need to do to reproduce the probelms you're referring to?

Thank you!

Return to “MultiCharts”