Indicator Marker is not displayed correctly

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

Indicator Marker is not displayed correctly

Postby iso » 24 Oct 2008

Hello,

When you display an indicators marker on the price scale, it does not stay fixed on the correct price. It allows the last price to push the marker. See attached. Attached is a 1 period price channel of the highs and lows. The lower channel is at 84.30, the marker is displaying 84.30 but the last price pushed it down on the price scale. So now the marker is physically at a lower price level while still displaying 84.30.

Thanks
Attachments
Indicator Scaling.png
(29.05 KiB) Downloaded 428 times

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 24 Oct 2008

yes, isn't that nice! One marker doesn't cover up another marker. The higher priority marker (the close of SPY) isn't covered up by the markers of the lower priority channels, and yet, you still get to see the value of the channels without them being covered up by the marker of the close of SPY.

other software I've seen isn't so nice. I have seen markers overlap other markers in the price column so badly that you couldn't read any of them. Yes, I'm afraid that even NT does this. It is refreshing that MC programmers have taken this simple thing into account.

Hope that helps,
Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

iso

Postby iso » 24 Oct 2008

For me this type of behavior doesn't work. I want to see the true values. If this is designed this way can you please make a switch to turn this off? I use the markers for specific price levels, if the marker isn't displaying the correct level it is of no use.

Thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 24 Oct 2008

For me this type of behavior doesn't work. I want to see the true values. If this is designed this way can you please make a switch to turn this off? I use the markers for specific price levels, if the marker isn't displaying the correct level it is of no use.

Thanks
Format Study

Return to “MultiCharts”