scanner / wish list

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
eberle lutz

scanner / wish list

Postby eberle lutz » 28 Oct 2008

I installed the new 5 beta. I am still missing:

1. The ability to add more than 10 studies respectively indicators in the scanner. Very important!
2. The ability to change font size and colours in the matrix.
3. The ability to position the values left-aligned, right-aligned or to center in the table element.
4. The ability to connect the symbols between different MC desktops.

drwar

Re: scanner / wish list

Postby drwar » 28 Oct 2008

[quote]I installed the new 5 beta. I am still missing:

1. The ability to add more than 10 studies respectively indicators in the scanner. Very important!
2. The ability to change font size and colours in the matrix.
3. The ability to position the values left-aligned, right-aligned or to center in the table element.
4. The ability to connect the symbols between different MC desktops.[/quote]

I would add the ability to import a list of symbols into the scanner from either a text or excel spread sheet format with the following settings included.

1) Symbol
2) resolution ( volume bar etc. Regular/24 hour )
3) Days back of history

This would allow import of pre-filtered symbols turning the scanner into a watchlist for trades. This would be a very big feature.

J~

york timothy

Re: scanner / wish list

Postby york timothy » 28 Oct 2008

I would agree Jerry. I have been asking for this feature for some time. If you trade futures you may not need it especially if you only trade a hald dozen or so. Stock traders on the other hand typically have 100 to several thousand symbols, far too many to continually download manually.

Tim

I would add the ability to import a list of symbols into the scanner from either a text or excel spread sheet format with the following settings included.

1) Symbol
2) resolution ( volume bar etc. Regular/24 hour )
3) Days back of history

This would allow import of pre-filtered symbols turning the scanner into a watchlist for trades. This would be a very big feature.

J~[/quote]

drwar

Postby drwar » 28 Oct 2008

Tim
Your kidding right, We have over 400 futures charts. If just 10% are potential setups then that means manually entering , Symbol , resolution, Days back and everything else to setup the indicators for 40 symbols every morning.
Importing a list is the only way to go so I hope they add this feature.

J~

york timothy

hi Jerry,
I know there are a lot of futures contracts but many of the traders seem to almost specialize in a few contracts. In any event, it would benefit everyone if this were available. Hopefully your voice will be heard by the powers that be and we will get this necessary feature. Take care and good trading Jerry.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim
Your kidding right, We have over 400 futures charts. If just 10% are potential setups then that means manually entering , Symbol , resolution, Days back and everything else to setup the indicators for 40 symbols every morning.
Importing a list is the only way to go so I hope they add this feature.

J~

TJ

Postby TJ » 28 Oct 2008

hi Jerry,
I know there are a lot of futures contracts but many of the traders seem to almost specialize in a few contracts. In any event, it would benefit everyone if this were available. Hopefully your voice will be heard by the powers that be and we will get this necessary feature. Take care and good trading Jerry.
Best regards,
Tim
You must never have heard of the ProfLogic and Dr War team... their Ergodic/Scanner Combo is going to be an Auto-ATM on every commodity contract in the World.

Ssssshhhh... don't let anyone know I told you.

york timothy

Ahahahahahaha... Yes TJ I have heard of them. Bill is a friend, Jerry I have met through Bill and hopefully Jerry will become a friend as well. It is because of Bill that I am using MC at all.

regards,

Tim

You must never have heard of the ProfLogic and Dr War team... their Ergodic/Scanner Combo is going to be an Auto-ATM on every commodity contract in the World.

Ssssshhhh... don't let anyone know I told you.[/quote]

eberle lutz

Postby eberle lutz » 01 Mar 2009

I am still waiting for following features:

1. A "Description" column. Very important! Who knows all the company names for the corresponding symbol by heart!?
2. The ability to add more than 10 studies respectively indicators in the scanner. Very important!
3. The ability to change colours (not only themes) in the matrix.
4. The ability to connect symbols between different MC desktops.

Dear MC-team - Could you please manage to add at least point 1 and point 2 in the next release?

Return to “MultiCharts”