My head is burning up to figure out why/how/when...

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

My head is burning up to figure out why/how/when...

Postby 2haerim » 29 Oct 2008

(1) Entries/Exits are independent of the execution confirmation by the broker (ASync) => selected
(2) Convert unexecuted limit/stop entry orders to market orders => enabled/checked and set to 0
(3) Convert unexecuted limit/stop exit orders to market orders => enabled/checked and set to 0
(4) Show the Assign the Initial Market Position at the Broker dialogue => enabled and selected

The above is one of the settings I was testing.

I thought I would get asked everytime I turned on AutoTrading, but not always and I don't see when I get the dialog and when not.

All the knowledge learned from the previous versions up to V4 seems requiring some adjustments, but not sure what exactly they are.

This kind of new feature directly affecting auto-trading must be provided with very detailed explanations and all the possible situations. Otherwise, every user will have to spend precious time to guess and predict what is going on with the new features. Maybe one will get unexpected trading results on real trading later.

Since there are many combinations regarding the new feature, please list all the possible situations and describe how they are differently acting under what situations.

The scenarios I can think of are:

[1] Is a workspaces open first time or not?
[2] Is the auto-trading mode turned on first time since the workspace is opened or not?
[3] Is there an open position or not when Auto-trading is turned on?
[4] Was there an open position or not when closing the workspace last time?
[5] Was the open positions ,if any, were closed or not when those workspaces were closed?

These questions can be asked for each of combinations from the Strategy Auto Trading Properties window settings.

I believe other peoples can add more scenarios. Plese do so.

My head is exploding to figure out when/how/why/... questions.

Please clarify all these issues for all MC V5 users.

Return to “MultiCharts”