Ver 5.0 Scanner problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

Ver 5.0 Scanner problem

Postby drwar » 29 Oct 2008

I created a second desktop because it seems to balance the load between processors. One scanner window and one chart running on each desktop.
Second desktop Scanner window stopped updating indicators. The one chart was updating its indicators which is why I noticed the discrepancy.

J~

drwar

Re: Ver 5.0 Scanner problem

Postby drwar » 30 Oct 2008

[quote]I created a second desktop because it seems to balance the load between processors. One scanner window and one chart running on each desktop.
Second desktop Scanner window stopped updating indicators. The one chart was updating its indicators which is why I noticed the discrepancy.

J~[/quote]

The reason the indicators stopped updating is the data stopping updating to certain symbols. The data is updating ok to same symbols on the charts linked to the symbols so something is very wrong. Please check into this.

J~

drwar

Postby drwar » 01 Nov 2008

The problem with data and indicators stopping along with the problem of "Not enough bars" on a previously running scanner window seem to occur only with multiple desktops. While the problem occurred repeatedly throughout the previous two days with two desktops , when I ran a single combined desktop which included all the symbols and indicators from the two separate desktops the problem did not occur after running all day. So it would seem there are some communication difficulties in running multiple scanner desktops. I also notice a problem with alerts. For whatever reason alerts keep repeatedly turning themselves on.

J~

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 01 Nov 2008

There is a bug with having two floating work spaces open at once.

I believe Marina and the team are looking into this bug.

Return to “MultiCharts”