AGN data feed stopped backfilling data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Tresor

AGN data feed stopped backfilling data

Postby Tresor » 03 Dec 2008

Hello Marina,

Last time (a few days ago) I posted about zen-fire not backfilling data. I got a free demo from Mirus. I had to quit plans to open the account with Mirus.

Two days ago I decided on AGN and received their demo. For two days the data feed was excellent. It backfilled any data perfectly. So I started to fill in papers for opening the account with them.

Today I shut down my MC and computer at 12:30 and restarted at 15:44. The data feed is transfering new data perfectly but failed to backfill the period between 12:30 - 15:44. Screenshot attached.

What can be done to solve the problem?

Regards
Attachments
AGN backfill issue.jpg
(112.94 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 04 Dec 2008

Hi Tresor,

Try the following:

1. Update your AGN dll using the file in the attachment (the zip file has all the necessary installation files as well as the instructions in Readme). Make sure MultiCharts and all its modules are closed when you are upgrading the dll.

2. If the data request in your existing chart does not go far back, just reload the existing chart (ctrl+R).

3. If you have a lot of data requested for that chart

i) Create a new minute chart requesting less data but making sure that the period that is missing data is included
ii) Reload this newly created chart
iii) Copy and paste your original chart. It will have the newly downloaded data.

If the above procedure does not help, please contact our customer support.

Regards.

P.S. The attachment is bigger than is allowed for posting on this forum. Please e-mail me at mpashkova@tssupport.com and I will e-mail the attachment back to you.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Dec 2008

Hi,

This is a follow up to my previous post:

You don't need to upgrade the dll if you are using the latest 5.0 beta 2.

Regards.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 05 Dec 2008

Marina,

It is my understanding that current data comes to my MC directly from the AGN data feed, because with Active Trader turned off, MC still plots new bars.

What is the case with historic data? Are historic data coming directly to MC via the feed as well, or are the historic data updated via Active Trader (in such a case I would need to launch AT prior to starting MC)?

Regards

Return to “MultiCharts”