Some features I wish to have before Gold release

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

Some features I wish to have before Gold release

Postby 2haerim » 28 Nov 2008

[1] Reload(Ctrl+R) currently "reload"s whole chart range, but most of time I don't want to reload the whole 20 years of data (because simply I just need to reload 1 hours of data or 1 day data only and after all it takes too long to reload all data)
=> Please add options to reload 1 hour, 1 day only

[2] Another option for Reload is to reload from QuoteManager. Many times, MC shows big and small holes and fails to plot chart even though tick/min data are saved in QM. In such case, we don't need to reload from the remote data server, but just need to reload them from QM. Maybe it could be called Refresh rather than Reload in this case.

[3] Weekly performance report for daily chart

[4] P&F chart

[5] Debugger

These were posted long time ago, but to remind them before Gold Release.

I will add more when I come up with other wishes.

Thanks
Last edited by 2haerim on 12 Dec 2008, edited 3 times in total.

Nick

Postby Nick » 01 Dec 2008

Strongly Agree with point 1. Not sure how I have survived so long without it. Better still improve how MC handles 'holes' in data so reloads are not needed!

2haerim

Postby 2haerim » 03 Dec 2008

A batch of optimization like in TS2ki.

Currently MC allows one optimization at a time.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 03 Dec 2008

A batch of optimization like in TS2ki.

Currently MC allows one optimization at a time.
+1 support

2haerim

Postby 2haerim » 03 Dec 2008

Add Upvol/DownVol keywords so that we can use Upticks/DownTicks and Upvol/DownVol literally on any chart whether it is tickcount-based or tickvol-based.

I remember someone already posted long message about this issue with detailed explanation.

See

http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?p=16835#16835

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 04 Dec 2008

When editing data , have my last entries as default, so if I have to edit 3 bad ticks I don't have to re-enter date and local time zone etc.

Also a bad tick filter is desperately needed.

A messagelog like TS2ki would also be very nice. (not the same as printlog)

2haerim

Postby 2haerim » 04 Dec 2008

I_xxx reserved words.

Especially at least, I_MarketPosition and I_CurrentContracts.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 04 Dec 2008

TRADE MANAGER

INCLUDESIGNAL (function)

also

http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... ght=#21351

Back Testing Resolution - Look inside bar for back testing

Just to put all requests under one thread
Last edited by SUPER on 12 Dec 2008, edited 3 times in total.

2haerim

Postby 2haerim » 04 Dec 2008

Portfolio backtesting on a single symbol for multiple resolutions.

(ex) I would like to portfolio-backtest for a 1 min chart and 10 min chart for the same single symbol.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 04 Dec 2008

Hi everybody,

We understand that you would like to see many various features in MultiCharts Gold. However, this version was promised quite a specific range of features. We are keeping our promises and will be releasing the Gold version with exactly those features. They are:

1. A choice of several brokers
2. A choice of serveral datafeeds
3. Improved Portfolio.
4. Improvide Scanner.

Other features will be implemented in their due time.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 04 Dec 2008

Hi everybody,

We understand that you would like to see many various features in MultiCharts Gold. However, this version was promised quite a specific range of features. We are keeping our promises and will be releasing the Gold version with exactly those features. They are:

3. Improved Portfolio.
4. Improvide Scanner.

Marina, any idea at this time which brokers and which data feeds they will be?

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 05 Dec 2008

Queries in blue

Hi everybody,

Which brokers ?

Which datafeeds ?

3. Improved Portfolio.
What are the list of improved features ?

4. Improvide Scanner.
What are the list of improved features ?

thanks

Thomas Mann

COnfused

Postby Thomas Mann » 06 Dec 2008

Hi All,
I am a bit confused as to what the GOLD release is all about. I purchased MC way back in the beginning. When I purchased it I was told in a email that I would receive lifetime updates for free. Has that changed somewhere along the way ?
Thanks

gautama2

Re: COnfused

Postby gautama2 » 08 Dec 2008

Hi All,
I am a bit confused as to what the GOLD release is all about. I purchased MC way back in the beginning. When I purchased it I was told in a email that I would receive lifetime updates for free. Has that changed somewhere along the way ?
Thanks
It hasn't changed, but at some point in the future, normal MC is not developed anymore, but it is named MC Gold and has suddenly become another product for which you don't have upgrade rights anymore.

ppan

Postby ppan » 09 Dec 2008

Add: LONG and SHORT command.

The difference between the BUY, SELL, LONG, SHORT command:

The BUY command will cover all short positions before buy. The LONG command will not cover the short positions. It just buy 1 contract.

The SHORT command will cover all long positions before sell. The SHORT command will not cover the long positions. It just sell 1 contract.

The LONG and SHORT command is very useful for scale trading.

traderstuff

Re: COnfused

Postby traderstuff » 10 Dec 2008

Hi All,
Thanks
It has been discussed here at various times Thomas - I was also under the same impression as you, 'way back when' :(

Best,

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 11 Dec 2008

Hi,
So what you guys are telling me is the lifetime updates are bogus now. If that is the case shame on MC. My Daddy always told me to remember two things in life and you can never go wrong.

1 Always tell the truth no matter what. You then only have to remember one story

2 Always keep your word to someone, and don't give it unless you intend to do so

dupl

not possible to resize dialogue windows

Postby dupl » 11 Dec 2008

Hello,
in the past it was discussed (I dont find the thread), why its not possible to resize dialogue windows.
Now I started a new thread:
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
I hope I am not alone!? :roll:

Nick

Postby Nick » 12 Dec 2008

Hi everybody,

We understand that you would like to see many various features in MultiCharts Gold. .
These are features people believe are needed in the basic version. Apologies if you knew this.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Dec 2008

Hi,
So what you guys are telling me is the lifetime updates are bogus now. If that is the case shame on MC. My Daddy always told me to remember two things in life and you can never go wrong.

1 Always tell the truth no matter what. You then only have to remember one story

2 Always keep your word to someone, and don't give it unless you intend to do so

Dear Thomas,

Below, is the e-mail that we sent to you 3 years ago:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:23 PM

Dear Thomas,

MultiCharts can be downloaded here http://tssupport.com/products/multichar ... charts.exe. Your registration name is *** and registration code is ***, please use this information when the 30-day trial version is expired or enter it right now in the menu Help > Registration.

This project is expanding rapidly and its ultimate goal being a full-featured trading platform with portfolio level testing, automated execution of trades, market scanner and most popular brokers/data feeds support. You'll get your copy of the full-featured platform even before the official release!

You'll really help us if you share your opinion about advantages, disadvantages and desirable improvements with other traders. This will allow us to further develop the product according to your real needs. Please follow this link:

http://forum.tssupport.com

Thank you for purchasing MultiCharts!
Your TS Support Team
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the promise that was made to you when you subscribed to the platform 3 years ago. Which of those promises have been broken? The upcoming MultiCharts Gold will have (actually, the current version already has) portfolio level testing, automated execution of trades, market scanner and most popular brokers/data feeds support. We have done what we promised.

Furthermore, here is an excerpt from our End User License Agreement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EULA

4. PRODUCT SUPPORT AND UPGRADES.

The price paid by you for the Software relates only to it and to no other products or services, including upgrades or technical support, that Authors may offer from time to time. But Authors offer you to register your copy of product by sending special registry form. This form contains some information about you and your copy of product. After registration you will be able to request technical support and minor upgrades of the product. You agree to keep such customer number confidential, and not to disclose it to anyone else, publish it, or allow anyone else to use it. You agree that if you violate such agreement you will be refused to provide, or refuse to continue technical support and upgrades of the product.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, according to our agreement, purchasing the license to MultiCharts, did not entitle you to any free upgrades or support; they are provided at our own discretion.

The bottom line is: We have delivered exactly what we promised.

Regards,

TS Support team

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 12 Dec 2008

High Marina,

basically with a lifetime license one can also get MC Gold without paying again, right?

On the TSSupport website i see this now.

Upgrade Policy:
Minor and major release version upgrades are free, up to and including the Gold Version.

Regards Robert

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 14 Dec 2008

Hi,
So what you guys are telling me is the lifetime updates are bogus now. If that is the case shame on MC.
This is the promise that was made to you when you subscribed to the platform 3 years ago. Which of those promises have been broken? The upcoming MultiCharts Gold will have (actually, the current version already has) portfolio level testing, automated execution of trades, market scanner and most popular brokers/data feeds support. We have done what we promised.
I hope the "no more free upgrades after Gold" rule doesn't apply to broker and data connector bug fixes. If they change their APIs on the day Gold is released, your above feature promises will be broken. I'll be left owning a 'lifetime' licence (purchased a few months ago) for a program that used to be a working charting platform, but is now a useless collection of 1's and 0's.

Also it's a stretch to say you have fulfilled the automated execution promise without even the most basic ability to keep track of automated trades via a TradeManager feature.
Last edited by brendanh on 15 Dec 2008, edited 1 time in total.

capgain

Postby capgain » 15 Dec 2008

Upgrade Policy:
Minor and major release version upgrades are free, up to and including the Gold Version.
I have lifetime subscription of current MultiCharts. MultiCharts is an absolutely essential tool for my trading (there are of course alternatives). Frankly, I do not mind paying up for lifetime license for next generation of Multicharts or whatever it will be called. I hope they keep the upgrade costs from this lifetime to next lifetime reasonable ;-). I hope they keep upgrade costs around $200-$300 since we have already paid a decent amount.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 16 Dec 2008

I_xxx reserved words.

Especially at least, I_MarketPosition and I_CurrentContracts.
I agree that these particular words are _critical_ to have.

This is a very old lack, and I'm frankly surprised that in all this time it's never been given enough of a priority to have it happen.

There are entire classes of indicators that _cannot_ be written for MC without these words. I don't think that the severity of this problem has been properly appreciated so far.

I know that for me, this is first-class show-stopper!

Return to “MultiCharts”