Where does the message log go.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Where does the message log go.

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Dec 2008

I was looking thrugh the "powerlanguage_20080708.chm" help file to see if I could find some commands that might be useful and I found the command below. I compiled it into a simple study to run on every single bar and went searching for the text "Where is". However I could not find it. So where does it go anyway? So far I have been using print statements with the file directive and the simple text document reader to debug. Is this a form of replacement? Currently I am running a search on the whole machine rather than the TS-Support and Multichart directories only.

messagelog("Where is the message log");

Thanks,
John.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 07 Dec 2008

The "Messagelog" doesn't exist in MC, I've requested it several times.
It's a necessary feature.
For now, we only have the print log, in the power editor or writing to a file.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Dec 2008

Hi Steven,

What does it give you that the others don't?

Thanks,
John.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 08 Dec 2008

Hi Steven,

What does it give you that the others don't?

Thanks,
John.
* The messagelog is a small window on top of the chart, that lets you monitor the status of anything you want to view. It's used like the printlog but instead of being locked to the power editor, it's in front of you. If you want to monitor a system position, entry price, time of entry, distance from entry, stops, market position, anything you want, is right in front of you, you don't have to take your eye off of the chart. I used to use it to monitor new system-indicator values, to be sure they are working properly.
Try it in TS2ki , if you have it, it's a great feature.

Return to “MultiCharts”