Autotrading out of synch

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
stockmacd

Autotrading out of synch

Postby stockmacd » 05 Jan 2009

Just recently I've started to use MC's autotrading feature and I must say I'm hooked. It works great when MC manages the entire trade. What I mean is that MC initiates the buy signal and manages the sell signals without any interruptions. However what to do when MC and TWS are out of synch.

1. TWS automatically requires log out everyday. If MC is in the middle of managing a trade and TWS logs out, MC and TWS are out of synch. After I re-login, and turn autotrading back on, MC doesn't pick up managing the sell signal.

2. Can I manually initiate a trade and then turn on MC's autotrade just to manage the sell signal alone?

Here's the pseudo code for my strategy:

if (MarketPosition=0 and buySignal) then
buy next bar at X stop;
end;

if (MarketPosition=1) then
sell next bar at Y stop;
end;

TJ

Postby TJ » 05 Jan 2009

google for TSSTART to prevent TWS from logging off.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 05 Jan 2009

TJ

Stopping TWS from logging out would be very useful, but I can't find a TSSTART link that looks appropriate. Could you give a bit more detail on the link and tsstart please.

Thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 05 Jan 2009

my apologies... it should read TWSSTART.

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 05 Jan 2009

If you are using v5 you can configure MC to assume your chart position matches your real world position at startup, and thus exit existing postions. See option "Assume the initial market position at the broker the SAME AS on the CHART".

Also see http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=5441

TJ

Postby TJ » 05 Jan 2009

TJ
Stopping TWS from logging out would be very useful...
Thanks
p.s. pls bear in mind that MC does not save the data to the database until you exit... therefore it is important to exit MC once a day.

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 05 Jan 2009

Just noticed this at the bottom of the Help section "Working with Autotrading":
"Auto Trading Market Position Synchronizer may not work correctly in case of Pyramiding use and if more than one active entry were generated on a chart at the moment of auto trading launch. The reason for this limitation is that dialog window is set up to define only one active entry."
So if I have an EL signal containing two seperate long entries, and when auto trading is launched both are in the market, only one will be exited?

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 05 Jan 2009

TWSSTART will only work with Demo or Simulated account.

TJ

Postby TJ » 05 Jan 2009

Not correct.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 06 Jan 2009

Not correct.
With real/funded IB Account you have to key in the security number generated by their logging device, how would TWSStart handle that issue.

Will appreciate your views.

Regards
Super

stockmacd

Postby stockmacd » 06 Jan 2009

thanks all for your comments.

I found the option "Assume the initial market position at the broker the SAME AS on the CHART", and so far it's working great.

I was also able to get TWSSTART working for the demo account, but not the real one. I don't really mind re-logging in if I can use "SAME AS on CHART" option.

TJ

Postby TJ » 06 Jan 2009

google for TSSTART to prevent TWS from logging off.
Not correct.
With real/funded IB Account you have to key in the security number generated by their logging device, how would TWSStart handle that issue.

Will appreciate your views.

Regards
Super
Read my original post again.

alpha

Postby alpha » 07 Jan 2009

Presumably your either trading or SIM trading STOCK rather than FX with IB?
I'm interested to know because I have spent a considerable time over the Christmas break trying to reconcile symbol setups and autotrading fx to IB with no success. Both Marina, Stefan and this forum have tried to assist but Marina has pointed out there is likely a bug in the config of the beta for fx symbols. So if anyone out there is successfully autotrading fx to IB please share your setup?

Thanks.

{the error is that inherited fx symbols from IB do not have correct settings for standard one lot order of 100,000 leaving either backtest and chart incorrect or order size incorrect resulting in rejected orders from IB SIM - either problem kills simulation}

Return to “MultiCharts”