Database Question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

Database Question

Postby drwar » 12 Jan 2009

Is the symbol information, Exchange settings and templates all in the Portfolio file or is some or all of that contained in the database file itself. If you could outline in detail where that info is stored it would be of help.

Thanks
J~

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 12 Jan 2009

Hi drwar

You could probably find out by making a backup of all files, then making the changes then making another backup to a different name and systematically returning the original backup files 1 by 1 (bringing up MC each time) to see what happens. After each return of 1 file you would return all the second set of backups.

Maybe it would be a good idea to do that either on Friday night or with another none production machine.

John.

drwar

Postby drwar » 12 Jan 2009

John

Thanks but I know I could figure it all out by myself if I have to. Rather than spend all that time, I figured it is much easier to just ask the question and maybe they would come forward with the answer.

J~

vienna

Postby vienna » 14 Jan 2009

Very good point.
I have previously transferred a database from one computer to another and the exchange settings for each symbol did not migrate (esignal feed). So where are they stored?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Jan 2009

Hi guys,

Here's how data is distributed between the three database files:

TSSTORAGE contains raw ticks, 1-minute and 1-day data.
TSCACHE has whatever data and in whatever resolution has been plotted - to speed up plotting of the same resolutions in future.
FBPORTFOLIO contains the symbol list and all symbol settings.

Whenever you move, copy or replace the database, all three files must be used.

vienna

Postby vienna » 14 Jan 2009

Hi Marina,

I did. Just this morning. I copied the whole database file, but still it does not seem to copy the exchange settings exactly?

I erased the database on one computer, then copied the database from the other computer. But the data are not exactly the same and some of the settings were not transferred. What could that be?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Jan 2009

Hi vienna,

Could you please send us screenshots showing the differences between the database on one computer and its new copy on a different computer?

Thank you.

Return to “MultiCharts”