computation of indicators while data backfilling

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dupl

computation of indicators while data backfilling

Postby dupl » 13 Jan 2009

Hello,

please make computation of indicators possible while data backfilling.
Sometimes (with IB data) it need hours to backfill data and its sad that you cant see the indicator on the data already loaded.

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Jan 2009

Hi dupl,

In the current version of MultiCharts, if you apply indicators duing backfilling they will be calculated as the data is coming in, with new caclulations being run as soon as the next batch of data arrives.

However, if you open a workspace that already has indicators applied, the calculations will not be run until backfilling has been completed.

dupl

Postby dupl » 14 Jan 2009

Hi dupl,

if you apply indicators duing backfilling they will be calculated as the data is coming in,
This would be nice.
Where do I apply? In Format Study, I didnt found this option.

Thanks

dupl

Postby dupl » 15 Jan 2009

Somebody able to show me this option?

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Jan 2009

Hi dupl,

I am afraid I misinformed you. In the recent versions of MultiCharts study calculations behavior has been changed. They are now calculated only after backfilling has been changed because this, in fact, is considered the only correct behavior. For example, just imagine what would happen if signals were re-calculated and redrawn with every new batch of data received.

I apologize for the confusion.

Best regards.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 16 Jan 2009

I think the way it works now is very stable as compared to the old way dupl is describing. I remember this was a big issue about a year ago and I think TSS has pretty much (for most users) made this problem go away. The charts never "hang" ("waiting for data" forever) and I see much fewer red balloons now because of it.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 Jan 2009

Thank you for the feedback, Bob.

Return to “MultiCharts”