Video capture of TWS/MC and Voice recognition.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Video capture of TWS/MC and Voice recognition.

Postby bowlesj3 » 21 Jan 2009

Hi,

Does anyone know of software that can do video capture of what Traders Work Station is showing and MC is showing (over two monitors)?

Does anyone know of any voice recognition software that could be used to feed inputs (more quickly) into a database program. I am thinking of using it to quickly submit entry points for auto trigger.

Thanks,
John.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 21 Jan 2009, edited 1 time in total.

ABC

Postby ABC » 21 Jan 2009

Hi John,

Camtasia http://www.techsmith.com/ might work for the screen caption. As far as I remember it's able to record more than one monitor.

Best regards,

ABC

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 22 Jan 2009

Thanks ABC regarding the screen capture program.

Of interest to some maybe, a person from another forum suggested I check into, "Dragon Naturally Speaking from Nuance" for submitting voice inputs.

John.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 22 Jan 2009

Thanks ABC regarding the screen capture program.

Of interest to some maybe, a person from another forum suggested I check into, "Dragon Naturally Speaking from Nuance" for submitting voice inputs.

John.
Camtasia also records voice. You can speak during the recording and your voice will be recorded.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 22 Jan 2009

Thanks Tresor,

Here is an additional tip the person from the other forum gave.
If you do go with Dragon, or any other pgm that needs you to save voice 'prompts', etc., save them on a USB jump drive. I created a system when Dragon 1st came out, and searching the HD just took too long
Not knowing the program I don't quite understand his tip fully yet. But maybe the tip will actually make voice input faster than searching for database buttons if it is programmed properly.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 26 Jan 2009

Hi,

I have not the slightest idea of what the chap meant.

Regards

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 26 Jan 2009

I think this is what he meant. I looked at the program last night finally and read the little description on it. What it does is it hears your voice, converts it to text and writes it out to a file. Now if you are going to have a database program process this file to execute commands it has to have a timer loop to read the file somehow. I am not sure how that would work at this point. The program would detect certain words in the file and then execute the command. The problem he is speaking of is that this process is not all that fast if it has to find this information on the C drive. So what he did is he had the Dragon program write the text data to a thumb drive in the USB port which he found to be fast enough for the process. This is probably because the jump drive as he calls it is just memory rather than a spinning disk it has to search.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 26 Jan 2009

I have not really been following this thread much, but I will add my 2 cents.
If you have to create a text file that is later "found" by the program (not kept in it's own memory location except on disk file), it might be better to create a virtual drive (RAM drive) in regular memory (maybe using something like "Daemon Tools"). It is an order of magnitude faster than HD access (like trying to use a pagefile) and faster than current USB I/O.

bowlesj3

Thanks Bob. This is a low priority idea with me at the moment. Something to try down the road when I get more time. I will take a look at your idea for sure. If I can get this idea to work very fast it would be worth it.
John.

bowlesj3

I submitted your idea word for word to the other forum Bob. Maybe the person who wrote the app will be interested in trying it and have some feedback on the idea long before I get around to it.

John.

Return to “MultiCharts”