Indicator of a Indicator

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Indicator of a Indicator

Postby Guest » 06 Feb 2009

How do I incorporate an indicator on any existing indicator or study that I have on a chart?

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 07 Feb 2009

When I've done that, I make one indicator into a function, then call that function in the indicator on the chart, or just build them into one, in the power editor.

RWDickinson

Postby RWDickinson » 07 Feb 2009

Not quite sure I understand your question, but you can do anything with an indicator number that you could do with, say, close.
Of course an "indicator" (in PL-speak) is a display, not a function, and cannot be called in order to get the value; but in most cases the indicators call similarly-named functions to get the value to plot. Your code can call this same function and then you can do averages or whatever on that value, and then plot it if you want to.

Did that answer the question? If not, maybe you could clarify with an example of what you are looking for.

Reply to Indicator on a Indicator

Postby Guest » 07 Feb 2009

Thanks for the replies to my post. To clarify my question a little more, I am looking for a easier way to put a moving average on a indicator, what ever it is. I known I can use the power language editor to modify a script but I was looking for an easier way. Thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 07 Feb 2009

if you post what you want, I am sure we can give you a hand.

TJ

Postby TJ » 07 Feb 2009

here's one way to do it
see attached for illustration.

the reverse is a bit more difficult because Stochastics has 7 inputs and 4 outputs.
Attachments
indicator_in_an_indicator.gif
(16.29 KiB) Downloaded 461 times

Return to “MultiCharts”