Questions?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Questions?

Postby Guest » 07 Feb 2009

I`m a newbie to MC and I`m looking for some help on some questions.
1.) How do get two decimal places on say the e-mini. My chart has three and I seem to reduce it.
2.) On chart scaling, how do I get 1/32`s on a bond chart.USH9?
3.) Is it possibly to chart just open and close on a chart as a bar. In another words, have a 5 minute with the open and keeps a solid bar between the open and close till the 5 min. bar is finished.
4.) How about the little grab hand that moves the chart from side to side also moves the chart up and down.
Thanks everyone for the info. I love the program but it can get better.Maybe to enlighten MC on some desirable features, referencing to other charting software that has features that MC does not.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Feb 2009

Hi philsink,

you can right click on price scale, format price scale, check manual, select 7 characters.

That should do it.

John.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 Feb 2009

Holding space bar and the left mouse button on the main chart window is for moving left/right. Holding space bar and the left mouse button on the chart scale is for moving it up and down. Ctrl+Left mouse button also can be used for the second one but not the first one. Left mouse button alone on the scale is for squeezing/expanding the scale.

Reply-Thanks the up-down of the chart worked.

Postby Guest » 08 Feb 2009

Holding space bar and the left mouse button on the main chart window is for moving left/right. Holding space bar and the left mouse button on the chart scale is for moving it up and down. Ctrl+Left mouse button also can be used for the second one but not the first one. Left mouse button alone on the scale is for squeezing/expanding the scale.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 10 Feb 2009

Hi philsink,

To have the correct scaling for your symbols, just go to QuoteManager, double-click the symbol in question, go to Settings -> Use Custom Settings and select the correct values for the price scale (as well as for min. movement and big point value). This is where you can select fractional price scales as 1/32.

You can then adjust the number of decimal places that you want to see on the scale labels by right-clicking anywhere on the chart, going to Format Symbol -> Scaling. There you will see a field for choosing the number of decimal places.

As for plotting only the open and the close of bars, this can be achieved by using an indicator. If you would like to receive more specific instructions, please send us a more detailed description of what you are trying to achieve, with screenshots if possible.

Return to “MultiCharts”