Text_float and Text_exist

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Text_float and Text_exist

Postby bowlesj3 » 14 Feb 2009

Text_float: Maintains the position of a text object as new bars form
Text_exist: Returns TRUE if the specified text object exists
By accident I found the above commands in a post by Andrew. I could not find them in the help nor in the list of unsupported reserve words. Are these and others listed in a document somewhere?

Thanks,
John.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Feb 2009

Hi John,

Text_Exist and Text_Float are built-in functions. You will be able to find them in PLEditor's study list.

Regards.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 16 Feb 2009

Thanks Marina,

Wish I knew of Text_Exist since it is like something I wrote recently.

Text_Float is most interesting because of the command it contains called GetAppInfo. I did a search in the help and found it. Some of its uses could be very useful (especially the one to find the left most visible bar in the chart or the highest and lowest prices of the chart or even the param to get the bar spacing ). I also did a manual search of the contents to see if I could find GetAppInfo under a category but it appears to have no category assigned to it. So maybe no one would know about GetAppInfo unless they happened to notice Text_Float and studied its code.

It seems there are lots of hidden goodies yet to learn about MC and its EL. Maybe GetAppInfo should just have a contents category of "other useful Commands". The recalculate command certainly deserves that "useful" description.

John.

TJ

Postby TJ » 17 Feb 2009

Marina:

In the PowerEditor dictionary as well as the PowerLanguage.chm file, can you mark those MultiCharts enhancements with (MC) identification?

Many of us write studies for TS. We have to be reminded which keywords are "special", and that they are not supported by TS.

many thanks

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 17 Feb 2009

Hi TJ,

I like your idea. However, Why would traders write studies for TS when they own MC?

Thanks,
John.

Return to “MultiCharts”