Plot Arrows ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Thomas Mann

Plot Arrows ?

Postby Thomas Mann » 15 Feb 2009

Hi,
Is there a way to plot a UP or DN arrow from a condition on a chart when it happens ?
Thanks

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 15 Feb 2009

I am not sure what you mean by plot an arrow. You can put an arrow on the chart when ever you want. The help gives you all the commands.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 16 Feb 2009

I think Thomas is referring to plotting an arrow when a condition is met, like a moving average cross.
I don't think it's possible but you need to ask Marina to be sure.

arnie

Re: Plot Arrows ?

Postby arnie » 16 Feb 2009

Hi,
Is there a way to plot a UP or DN arrow from a condition on a chart when it happens ?
Thanks
Something like this:

Code: Select all

If Open>Open[1] And Open[1]>Open[2] Then
Value1=Arw_New(Date,Time,High,False);
Plot1(Value1);
Regards

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 16 Feb 2009

Hi Arnie,

Plot1(Value1);
value1 will get the ID number of the new arrow. It is used to reference it for other commands related to the arrow. value1 will have a value of 1 if it is the first arrrow on the chart. The code above will plot the ID number given to the arrow so that is not what you would want. I think what you are thinking of arnie is something like this

begin
Value2 = Arw_GetVal(value1);
Plot1(Value2);
end;
So I think if you have numberous arrows going out your plot would be a line running along the tips of the arrows. So that is what I am curious about. Why not just have the line rather than have a series of arrows that will clutter up your chart. You need begin and end of course or the logic will not work. Actually, if you put the plot statement inside the if statement you will get a line that goes on an angle to the next arrow tip rather than a sharp jump on each new arrow value. If you put it outside the if statement you should get a sharp jump at each new arrow. Now, seeing as the arrow is plotted at the High price you may as well just do this.

begin
Plot1(High);
end;

Return to “MultiCharts”