MC 5.0 Beta 3

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

MC 5.0 Beta 3

Postby arnie » 24 Feb 2009

I've just downloaded and installed MC 5.0 Beta 3.

First I had problems in open the program after instalation. I received an authorization error.
I uninstalled it, installed it again, opened it, registered it since he didn't keep the registration data, closed it again, reopened it again and again received the previous authorization error.

Again I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, this time he maintained the registration intact and open my workspaces.

The first think I noticed was the fact the backfilling took a bit more time than Beta 2 (I'm using IQFeed) and the second thing was the fact that none of the indicators were plotted. I was forced to compile all my indicators since MC gave the sign that they needed to be compiled :?

That problem that I've mentioned in the previous thread about the missing intraday data in the ES, apparently was fixed :shock: since I have that data now but on the other hand the EURUSD.FXCM daily chart shows a couple of days where the OHLC have all the same value :shock: :?
Let me remind you that 2 hours ago, using beta2 version, that same chart hadn't a single error :?

Let see how things go during the next days since MC will be on 24/7

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 24 Feb 2009

My normal process with updates is to install the software, reboot , then run the power editor and do a "compile all uncompiled" . Then close the editor and start MC. I did that today with V5.3 and it worked perfectly.
All updates require re-compiling studies, so they MUST be compiled BEFORE opening charting or the studies will be missing. (I learned this the hard way last year)

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 24 Feb 2009

I am shaking with excitment.

This is the first time I have been truly impressed in a vendor in a long time.

I am sure all of your current and future clients will be pleased to know they have the best out there.

arnie

Postby arnie » 25 Feb 2009

I didn't know that we would need to compile the studies after a new installation.

Well, now I'm certain that something wrong happened because when I woke up this morning none of my charts were updated during the overnight session :shock:

I reload all charts and all overnight session, so far, was plotted as if nothing happened.
Then I opened an ES intraday chart in QuoteTracker just to confirm that IQFeed was sending quotes. My suspitions were confirmed. At his moment, QuoteTracker is updating the intraday chart and MC isn't.

What happened? Its strange because after installation MC was receiving data, I saw the charts being updated. Then I turn off the monitors, went to bed and now MC is not updating :?

To turn things more confusing, QM is receiving data. I can see in the Event Log data coming in, though I'm not sure if is really the intraday data of the opened charts or something else :oops:

arnie

Postby arnie » 25 Feb 2009

Just to close this issue....

Today I couldn't follow the markets so when I left home MC was basically frozen, not receiving any data.

A couple of minutes ago, when I arrived MC was updating all charts and I had 2 warnings.

The first said that I hadn't permition to use MC and therefore I couldn't receive realtime data.
The second said that I'd received permition and MC was able to receive realtime data again.

I confess that now I'm afraid to close MC during the weekend. Will he have permition the next time I open it :?:

Another thing, I reload a couple of charts just to be sure that all data was available and I had the felling that the backfill took longer than the previous Beta2 version :?

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 25 Feb 2009

You may have to re-enter your username and password with an upgrade, to avoid permission problems.

drwar

Postby drwar » 27 Feb 2009

This new BETA has quite a few fixes and new features in it as well as bugs. They are working their way to promised GOLD release version. This is what we have all been waiting for , for the longest time. So please remember, this a Beta, it is for testing purposes. So comment accordingly so they can get it fixed expediently. The more constructive input we give them the quicker it will get fixed.

J~

SP

Postby SP » 27 Feb 2009

Is there a way to disable the yellow update indication in the Market Scanner like in TS?

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 28 Feb 2009

Has the new beta overcome the issue of a slow opening for MC if you close it down and try to re-open it again? I haven't upgraded because of the bugs a new beta always brings with it. Thank you.

regards,

arnie

Postby arnie » 28 Feb 2009

Has the new beta overcome the issue of a slow opening for MC if you close it down and try to re-open it again? I haven't upgraded because of the bugs a new beta always brings with it. Thank you.

regards,
Hi

I cannot say since I've decided to reinstall Beta 2.
So far, I've never had any type of problems with this version.

By problems I mean the kind of problems that Beta 3 generated, not the ones that, as far as I'm aware of (since my experience with MC is relatively new, less than a month :oops: ), are part of MC almost since birth and we can read about them in this forum.

MC 5.0 Beta 2 opens a lot faster than version 4.0 though the data feed has some saying over that issue.
If you have 1 workspace with two charts, the open is almost immediately. If you have 6 workspaces with 4 charts each, well, to populate all those charts you need a couple of minutes :(

By the way, when we open MC, if the Download missing historical data option is selected and there isn't any missing data in the chart, does MC redownload all data again or skips all that process?
Can this be one of the reasons why MC takes so long to open?

Regards
Fernando

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 02 Mar 2009

Why every 30 seconds : " "THE CONNECTION TO THE DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGMENT ...." .... bla bla bla ..... As I understood : a Beta is for testing the software .... I'm using the old MC4 and are testing the Beta's only on a different PC . So why I should authorize the Beta to get a locked MC4 on my main PC ?

So testing to have authorization trouble ? Are you serious ?

What are you doing .... ?

Mike

Return to “MultiCharts”