New beta

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Thomas Mann

New beta

Postby Thomas Mann » 02 Mar 2009

Hi,
I am seeing an issue again with the auto trading interface to IB and was wondering if it is just me or if there is a real problem. The latest beta gives me a error when I try to auto trade the ES symbol in IB using /ESH9 from an opentick feed. I set the Underlying to ES and exchange to GLOBEX as I did in the last beta from 11/16/2008 I was running. The old version worked fine. In the latest beta I get a message from IB that the requested symbol definition was not found. Has someone else checked this ?
Thanks

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 02 Mar 2009

I have stoped usising MC beta 3 due to DRM and Freezing issues until they solve these critical issues it is no use testing it at least for me.

Any way have you checked symbol setting under:

format strategy > Properties > AutoTrade > Select Broker Plugin > Settings > Symbol Directory

they should match with your current contract.

Regards
Super

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 02 Mar 2009

I on the other hand have found the new beta to be the best piece of trading software I have ever used!!!

To qualify that I will disclose that I am strictly a stock and futures discretionary daytrader.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 02 Mar 2009

I on the other hand have found the new beta to be the best piece of trading software I have ever used!!!

To qualify that I will disclose that I am strictly a stock and futures discretionary daytrader.
I bet you will be rewarded with a free copy of MC Gold, you are the first person with positive comment.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 02 Mar 2009

I bet you will be rewarded with a free copy of MC Gold, you are the first person with positive comment.
???? LOL I'm already getting a free copy of gold!?!? It comes with the license I purchased!?!?

But anyways I'm probably in the minority. I don't auto trade or backtest... since you can't make money doing either :o

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 02 Mar 2009

???? LOL I'm already getting a free copy of gold!?!? It comes with the license I purchased!?!?
In such a case you will get an additional license. You can give it to your younger brother :P

dupl

Postby dupl » 06 Mar 2009

Is thisBeta Version 5.0.2106.204 2 March 2009 the called:
MC 5.0 beta 3?

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 06 Mar 2009

Is thisBeta Version 5.0.2106.204 2 March 2009 the called:
MC 5.0 beta 3?
No it is called beta 4. the last digit in version indicates beta.

Return to “MultiCharts”