Auto Error Still

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Thomas Mann

Auto Error Still

Postby Thomas Mann » 04 Mar 2009

Hi.
I am still getting a message from IB on the new beta when I try to engage the auto trading which says no security defined for request. I have double checked and I have the symbol setup correctly, and it use to work in beta 2
Is anyine trading the ES symbol from IB in the latest beta ?
Thanks

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 04 Mar 2009

Are you using beta 4 ?

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 04 Mar 2009

Thomas,

It works perfectly at my end with Beta 4.

Attached screen shot for confirmation, If you can't get it to work I suggest you contact MC on live support they may be able to help you out.

Regards
Super
Attachments
T-1.JPG
(227.99 KiB) Downloaded 467 times

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 05 Mar 2009

Hi Super,
Thanks for confirming it works for you. I suspect it may be due to the fact I am using Opentick as my chart and IB as my trade symbol, but I will double check my settings. It use to work on the previous beta. Attached is a snap pic of my settings so someone from MC can confirm they look right.
Thanks
Attachments
Capture.jpg
(41.44 KiB) Downloaded 471 times

Thomas Mann

Hi,
Here is a capture of the screen when a order tried to fire on a strategy. I noticed it is tryin to fill on the Opentick Symbol and not nthe IB symbol. Is there something in my config I posted earlier that is not set right ?
Like I said it worked with the last beta I was using from November I think.
Thanks
Attachments
Capture.jpg
(117.92 KiB) Downloaded 462 times

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 05 Mar 2009

Hi Super,
Thanks for confirming it works for you. I suspect it may be due to the fact I am using Opentick as my chart and IB as my trade symbol, but I will double check my settings. It use to work on the previous beta. Attached is a snap pic of my settings so someone from MC can confirm they look right.
Thanks
Thomas,

Your IB setting are not correct, change your expiration date to 20090320 as per my setting and see if it makes any difference.

Regards
Super

Thomas Mann

Hi Super,
Thanks a bunch for the help. I saw that but did not suspect it was the issue. It turned out you are right. It works as expected now
Thanks

Return to “MultiCharts”