Is it possible to read a file for input using EasyLanguage?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
marketz

Is it possible to read a file for input using EasyLanguage?

Postby marketz » 12 Mar 2009

I would like to open a file and read some data from it. Is this possible to do? I am not sure what is best, to do it on every bar, or if it's even possible to do this when the indicator is first loaded.

I'm new to EasyLanguage, but have years of C++, C#, Python, etc. Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Mar 2009

Hi marketz,

It is possible.

You can call functions from dll libraries written by you. You can do pretty much what you want in these functions. For more information, I would recommend referring to EasyLanguage manuals. A few of them can be found on our help and tutorials page at http://www.tssupport.com/multicharts/tutorials/

Below, you will find one of the usage samples:

Code: Select all

DefineDLLFunc: "USER32.DLL", bool, "MessageBeep", int;
If Open > Close Then
MessageBeep(0);
Regards.

marketz

Postby marketz » 14 Mar 2009

Hi marketz,

It is possible.

You can call functions from dll libraries written by you. You can do pretty much what you want in these functions. For more information, I would recommend referring to EasyLanguage manuals. A few of them can be found on our help and tutorials page at hwww.tssupport.com/multicharts/tutorials/

Below, you will find one of the usage samples:

Code: Select all

DefineDLLFunc: "USER32.DLL", bool, "MessageBeep", int;
If Open > Close Then
MessageBeep(0);
Regards.
I spent hours trying to get MultiCharts to call my basic function that I wrote in a C DLL that just returned an int. To no avail. It kept erroring saying it couldn't find the function I was calling in the DLL.

There has to be a better way to read in a file. This is such an essential and simple functionality that is really important.

Return to “MultiCharts”