Chart updating slowly and skipping ticks

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
marketz

Chart updating slowly and skipping ticks

Postby marketz » 16 Mar 2009

I am running MultiCharts against my IQ Feed. Looking at one chart with one symbol, EURUSD, I am comparing the tick chart to another charting app I have. The other app is updating its ticks a split second before MultiCharts, and there are times MultiCharts, sometimes as much as half a second quicker. In some cases it is even skipping entire ticks that are showing in the other app's charts.

I know the other chart app has a setting that I changed, to update the screen every 10th of a second, or every 100ms. Is the problem that MultiChart is throttling the painting updates to the screen to be less than 1/10th of a second? If so, is there a setting to change this?

I am using MultiCharts 5.0 beta 4. I hate to nag, but this is a very important issue to me. I want to see the data change immediately and I don't want to miss ticks. Any advice because I do love the features and style and customization of MultiCharts.

marketz

Postby marketz » 16 Mar 2009

I think I know what might be wrong. It could be that the other app is moving the tick chart based on the 5th decimal in the price and MC is only using the first 4. I have set the EURUSD in the quote manager window to use 5 difits, but the price scale in MultiCharts is stuck on 4. How can I change this?

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 17 Mar 2009

You should set 1/100000 price scale in QM and re-create a chart or reload. It will make the change you need.
MultiCharts is event-based program, it redraws a screen as soon as new tick comes. There is no time-based redraw. We are able to provide fine performance even with tick by tick updates.

marketz

Postby marketz » 17 Mar 2009

You should set 1/100000 price scale in QM and re-create a chart or reload. It will make the change you need.
MultiCharts is event-based program, it redraws a screen as soon as new tick comes. There is no time-based redraw. We are able to provide fine performance even with tick by tick updates.
I will try this. I still see the other app drawing ticks as much as a full second before MultiCharts. I can provide you with a desktop video if it will help you. But before I do that I will try the change you suggested. Thx.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 17 Mar 2009

Please send us a video.

Return to “MultiCharts”