[request] - Power Language Editor "add on"

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

[request] - Power Language Editor "add on"

Postby arnie » 22 Mar 2009

Hi

One thing that I think it would be a very useful "add on" for PLE it would be the ability to call keywords description directly from the editor window.

If we want to have a complete description of a keyword, we need to select it from the navigator panel and read it in the output panel.

Now, what about, as we write a formula in the editor window, and we write a keyword, double clicking in that same keyword would open its description in the output panel.

Basically, this would be a shortcut to access keywords descriptions.

Regards,
Fernando

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 22 Mar 2009

+1

I really like this idea. I remember, in TS's Editor, I could click on a little icon and a search window would pop up and I could choose a category and type in a few letters and up would pop a list of suggested keywords and functions. I could choose one and it would be placed in my code at my last cursor position. Additionally, if I wanted to I could select one from the list, and open up the EL dictionary right to it's description and syntax. (similar to automatically opening up the PowerLanguage.chm file)

I REALLY miss it.

TJ

Postby TJ » 22 Mar 2009

I would like to see a list of plot# used.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 23 Mar 2009

If you put a cursor on a keyword and press F1, PowerLanguage Editor will show the keyword description in the Help panel at the bottom.

TJ

Postby TJ » 23 Mar 2009

If you put a cursor on a keyword and press F1, PowerLanguage Editor will show the keyword description in the Help panel at the bottom.
arrrrhhhhh.... another gem! Thank you!

Return to “MultiCharts”