Jurik Tools for MC- good news and bad news

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
brodnicki steven

Jurik Tools for MC- good news and bad news

Postby brodnicki steven » 30 Apr 2008

The good news is that I heard back from Jurik's rep today and he said they ARE going to do Jurik Tools for MultiCharts ! - The BAD news is that it won't be in the near future but it is on their "TO DO" list, FINALLY.
If you're interested in Jurik Tools, like JMA, RSX, VEL etc, drop him a note saying that you'd be interested in buying them, if they're offered for MC, I did. Maybe they will move them up in priority, if we do that.
Mark Jurik's web site below- (I have no personal financial interest other than for personal trading)
Jurikres.com

[Moderator's notes:] see update:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11079

liang323

Postby liang323 » 02 May 2008

hi, thanks for the post. The thing is too many people have contacted Jurik in the past regarding the MC version of their indicators, including TS Support team. I alone have contacted them three times, every time i get a reply from them, they will tell you that they are going to make the release soon perhaps in 2 or 3 months time, then nothing happens for 6mths until you write to them again, then you get the same reply again and again, so I have learned not to take their words seriously.

I agree that this won't work unless more and more Multicharts users send requests to Jurik and make them think it's worth well for them to do it, otherwise they think they have enough customers on hands and couldn't be bothered.

brodnicki steven

Jurik Tools

Postby brodnicki steven » 02 May 2008

This is the first time that they told me that they have decided to make their tools available for MC, before now, they just told me that they would consider it.
I told them I would buy 3 tools as soon as they were available.
I hope others will contact them as well.

tortoise

Postby tortoise » 02 May 2008

they've waited too long. [edited]

liang323

Postby liang323 » 08 May 2008

Here is the lastest msg from Jurik in case anyone wonders. (as at 8th May, 2008)

Q: when are you going to offer indicators for Multicharts?

A: Our functions are embedded in a DLL file, which currently is
not compatible with MultiCharts because it does not utilize the
TS SDK. TS support showed me how to code using the
SDK. That's good, but rewriting the DLL is being delayed
because my programmer has been stuck for more than a year on
another project: getting all our DLL files to work with Vista.
We are getting complaints *everyday* on that issue.

MultiCharts is but one of a number of additional platforms I
want to code to, (MT is another) but we must handle the
VISTA issue first. I keep thinking that it will get finished in
another month, but there has been little progress.

I called my programmer yesterday and told him that from here on
out, I will be calling everyday for a status report. Today, he
reported making progress and we went over the details.
Admittedly, this could have been done a year ago.

You, and many others are rightfully frustrated about this. My
apologies.

Regards,

Mark Jurik
Jurik Research

LRP

Postby LRP » 28 May 2008

Dear All

I do like to share with you some thoughts about possible generic replacements eg.:

JAMA => Hull Average? or T3 (which version?)

What do you think about the others like:
- VEL
- CFB
- RSX
- DMX
or
- BrainCel
- WAV
- DDR

Ideas and Tipps are very appreciated
Cordially,
LRP

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 28 May 2008

"JAMA => Hull Average? or T3 (which version?)"

Jurik's Jma is superior to any other average, I've tried them all. (including T3 or hull and probably 20+ others)
Jma has Less lag and overshoot than the others.
I've plugged them all into my system, none compare. (at least for my system)
Jma is best used as a proxy for price.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 28 Mar 2009

I thought I would bump this topic. Any news?
I haven't even been on his YahooGroup site in over a year.

Other threads:
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=4704
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=4635
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=2168
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=674

TIA

arnie

Postby arnie » 29 Mar 2009

It's the first time I´ve heard about this indicators.

Are they the "holy grail" of trading?

How can we consider them, "black box", "grey box" or "white box" indicators?

Regards
Fernando

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 29 Mar 2009

Hi Arnie,

JMA is a blackbox "moving average" that is a wonderfully delightful mix of:
1. Low lag
2. Minimal overshoot
3. Very smooth

It can be used as a stand alone indicator, but where it shines is as a function that is called by other indicators. It basically smooths data for pre-processing.

For some of us traders, it is the Holy Grail. You need to do your own research on it.

arnie

Postby arnie » 29 Mar 2009

I always had issues with black box "systems".

Trading something that I don't know how they were built and just take for granted that they work, is something that I just can't deal with, yet.

Please, don't misunderstand me, I'm not arguing with the value of these indicators. I've never tested them so I cannot say anything about them, but like I said, I always had and continue to have issues in accepting this kind of products.

I must say that they are a bit expensive. 205 bucks for a moving average? :shock:

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 29 Mar 2009

Jurik's tools are very good but have propriatary code. Mark is a mathematician and his JMA is excellent for smoothing raw data to be fed into other indicators, systems etc. $200 for the best MA on the planet, is worth it to me. I've tried every other MA against it and there is nothing as fast, as smooth and with less overshoot.
I contacted Mark about 6 months ago but as of then, his reply was that MC is on there "to-do" list but no date was provided.
We need more MC users to write Mark, requesting his tools be available for MC, enough demand will get them moving our way.
jurikres.com is his website, check out the examples of his tools there and Please send them an email requesting his tools for MC.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 02 Apr 2009

April 2, 2009

I just got a reply from Jurik programmer, Norman Smith. He says not to expect anything for MC anytime soon. They are still working on getting their other software "Vista compatible" and there is no monetary incentive relative to MC compatibility.

Just to let you know, they have been "working" on Vista compatibility for almost two years now and the only success I have heard is getting TS/Vista working. They are banking on Win XP lasting for many years to come on their other products and a constant supply of new customers on old established software platforms.

I don't think that Mark Jurik is too involved with JMA anymore (if at all). It's too bad the software development is, in my opinion, turned over to a (seemingly) retired software programmer that doesn't appear to have the time or interest beyond treating it as a hobby.

LRP

Postby LRP » 03 Apr 2009

I don't think that Mark Jurik is too involved with JMA anymore (if at all). It's too bad the software development is, in my opinion, turned over to a (seemingly) retired software programmer that doesn't appear to have the time or interest beyond treating it as a hobby.
Dear all
That is verry sad. I know the Jurik Tools (JAM, VEL etc.) as well, if they works they are excellent!
This might be the time for thinking about replacements of its.
I do like to share with you my first ideas:
- Hull Average
- T3
- KAMA
Comments and/or more suggestions are welcome.
Cheers, LRP

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 03 Apr 2009

I like this Fractal Fast indicator.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums ... -4504.html

Very similar to Juric

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 03 Apr 2009

Dear all
That is verry sad. I know the Jurik Tools (JAM, VEL etc.) as well, if they works they are excellent!
This might be the time for thinking about replacements of its.
I do like to share with you my first ideas:
- Hull Average
- T3
- KAMA
Comments and/or more suggestions are welcome.
Cheers, LRP
*** I've tried - Hull Average
- T3
- KAMA - and about 100 others
None come close to JMA.
I will check out the Fractal Fast indicator over the weekend.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 03 Apr 2009

I can provide jma for multicharts for free.
So can I, and I appreciate the gesture. I can buy it fully cracked and opened off the internet for cheap, too. That is not the point of these posts. But thanks anyway.

garp

Postby garp » 04 Apr 2009

So can I, and I appreciate the gesture. I can buy it fully cracked and opened off the internet for cheap, too. That is not the point of these posts. But thanks anyway.
I know that it's not a point. JMA is just a noise filter and it's good but not the best noise filter available in the universe. You could find similar filters with similar characteristics in the books devoted to signal processing. I thik Jurik knows it as mathematician. JMA as a filter is just good and ENOUGH for trading. Don't search for anything better.

My point of view: traders should not depend on the circumstance that for about two years "somebody" lazy enough to benefit from this point. Personally, I've bought my first Juriks for TS2k five years ago. And I'm not able to upgrade now? What I provide I call Just Moving Average.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 04 Apr 2009

Hi Garp,

Totally agree. Like Steven, I have programmed and tested every filter I can get my hands on over the years. If nothing else, just to learn. Kaufman, Tilson, Chande, Ehlers (and probably more) - I have all their books. I use VIDYA quite extensively as a "dynamic" trendline because I find it works darn good. Not to say that if I put in more time developing another MA it wouldn't work better. But there's the old law of diminishing returns and, like you, sometimes you just gotta make do and get the best edge you can get. This isn't a game. I find that JMA is that edge in certain instances and I am not satisfied with anything less. I wanted to use the same JMA DLL in both MC and NT so that I could test/trade and get consistant results with either one. ie: the same values at the same times. So that was my motivation, consistency between software using add-ons that are fully supported by the author.

I attached some charts with some popular MA's. Hard to tell which one is which, even with a rigorous R² analysis.

- So, Garp, did you ever sell your Ferrari?
Attachments
MA-01.jpg
(116.8 KiB) Downloaded 3024 times
MA-02.jpg
(109.88 KiB) Downloaded 2979 times

Postby Guest » 06 Apr 2009

Thanks to Geoff for sharing the Fractal Fast indicator.
It's faster than Kama and less bumpy than ARSI.
Good choice.

Return to “MultiCharts”