Any way to shut off the Windows blue bar double click.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Any way to shut off the Windows blue bar double click.

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Apr 2009

To some extent this applies to MC.

Is there any way to shut off the windows feature where if you double click on the blue bar at the top it maximizes the window and again this double click can be used to bring the window back to normal size. It can be annoying when you go to highlight the window and it maximizes on you if you happen to click it wrong. For me at least, there is no need for this feature since the maximize box is next to the X in the top right corner of the window.

Thanks,
John.

geizer

Postby geizer » 07 Apr 2009

John,
Did you try to adjust the "double-click" speed in Control Panel/Mouse?
Regards,
Pavel
Attachments
Doouble-Click.jpg
(70.43 KiB) Downloaded 304 times

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Apr 2009

Hi geizer,

I guess I will have to break down and try that (set it to the fastest speed I guess). Thanks for giving me the push.

John.

geizer

Postby geizer » 08 Apr 2009

Hi John,
Just realized I had the same mouse problem without knowing it. Thanks to your post I am now making less clicks too :) :)
-Pavel

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 09 Apr 2009

Hi geizer,

No problem.

Putting it at the fastest speed seems better. I still had one time after setting it to the fastest speed when I highlighted the window and as far as I can tell I clicked it only one time yet it maximized on me. There must have been a very fine and very fast bounce that occured because of a very light touch. It would be nice to be able to shut it off somehow. Maybe I should submit a post to "The Elder Geek on Windows XP" http://www.theeldergeek.com/ If there is any answer it would be there I guess.

John.

Return to “MultiCharts”