working with IQFeed symbols

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
geizer

working with IQFeed symbols

Postby geizer » 14 Apr 2009

Andrew,
there has been a number of different versions mentioned recently known as:

v5.1, v5.2, beta 6, Multicharts v6, and Gold.

Can you please place them in order and drop some light on the time line?
I'm working/importing IQfeed symbols in the database and it's a pain in the butt - it takes an enormous amount of manual work. I want to see the 'Exchange' field supported in IQfeed and would like to know when this will become available, so I can at least dedicate my resources wisely. Alternatively the ability to import the list of IQFeed symbols from the text file available for download from http://www.dtniq.com/product/mktsymbols.zip would be a solution.
Taking into account that support of various data feeds is proclaimed as one of the key strengths of Multicharts, I think reasonable to pay some extra attention to the problems your users facing with MC+IQfeed and to take the problem of symbols handling to the appropriate level. As it appears today an enormous attention is given to eSignal's ability to properly import symbols, while support of the IQfeed is nowhere near that. Given the fact how eSignal services promoted in the .ru domain (you know what I mean) and that special attention that eSignal receives from TSS I'm seriously concerned whether a full support of importing the IQfeed symbols will ever be implemented by Multicharts, or whether TSS is officially willing to give an IQfeed as much development resources as it gives to eSignal.

Thank you for response,
Pavel
Last edited by geizer on 15 Apr 2009, edited 1 time in total.

geizer

Postby geizer » 15 Apr 2009

bump...
Before this post gets pushed down onto the 2nd page where there are no TSS readers...

Andrew,
Can you please drop some light on the approximate time when the above mentioned problem can be rectified?

Thank you for paying attention to the problem and kind response to customer concerns.
-Pavel

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 16 Apr 2009

Andrew,
there has been a number of different versions mentioned recently known as:
v5.1, v5.2, beta 6, Multicharts v6, and Gold.
Can you please place them in order and drop some light on the time line?
OK.
We are releasing Beta 6 in a few days. It will be the last Beta of MultiCharts 5. So the next version will be MultiCharts gold which the same as Beta 6, but officially passed beta testing.
After that we will release a minor version. It will be called 5.1 .
It will have some small, but very important improvements. Some of them are:
Flexible Import/Export Symbol list in QuoteManager
Orders in Hint window
Correct settings for 1000 US futures. Traders will not concern about correct sessions, price scale, minmove and big point value.
Customizable tool bars
Resizable dialogs
Data reload with selection of number of hours or days back
Multiple Session templates in charts with possibility to configure them in QM.
It is possible we will add some other features or remove listed. However I can assure that we will add symbol import tool definitely.
This upgrade will be free for all existing MultiCharts users. We are planning to release it within 6-8 weeks.

MultiCharts 6 will be released in July-August and will have many major features like data playback, spreads, futures rollovers, get-inside bar backtesting and tracking center. It will be a chargeable upgrade.

Postby Guest » 17 May 2009

Andrew,

Let me just add that I also strongly wish IQFeed be given more attention by TSS team. Currently it is so painful to set the parameters for every symbol.
I believe there are several people who are using MC and IQFeed, who will welcome the improvement with huge applaud.

Best,
K

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 18 May 2009

We are working on Symbol Dictionary now. It will set all necessary parameters for most traded US-based and European futures. You should expect to see this feature in a month or so in MultiCharts 5.5.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 11 Aug 2009

Hi.

I realize this topic is a bit old, but what is the current status of this?

I've just been going thru a need to set up futures (from IQFeed) with MinMove, PriceScale, and BigPointValue by hand, but I'm not certain if this might not be a result of incorrect legacy definitions left over after an upgrade.

IOW, what should be our expectation for "automatic" setting of these symbol attributes at this time (early Aug 2009)?

Return to “MultiCharts”